What's NewNew and improved app navigation
Improved barcode scanning accuracy
New list of all your "Liked" products
App Description*LIMITED TIME ONLY! Download Fooducate Plus, brought to you by Cigna for FREE. Hurry β before it returns to its regular price of $3.99. Lose weight, eat real food, and get healthy. Fooducate grades your groceries, explains what's really inside each product, and offers healthier alternatives. We've got the largest database of UPCs - over 200,000 unique products and growing.
Fooducate is an award winning app:
β Best of the iPhone Health & Fitness category - Apple App Store
β 1st prize - US Surgeon General Healthy App Challenge
β Featured in Oprah, USAToday, NYTimes, WSJ, and on ABC, FOX, NBC and more...
β Recommended by dietitians, physicians, and fitness gurus
FOODUCATE HELPS YOU:
β’ Automatically scan a product barcode, search for products, or browse by categories
β’ See a product's nutrition grade (A, B, C, or D)
β’ Learn about a product's pros and cons
β’ Choose healthier alternatives
β’ Share your feedback with the community
β’ Create a healthy shopping list
β’ Submit new products for analysis
WITH FOODUCATE, you get to see the stuff manufacturers don't want you to notice, such as
β excessive sugar
β tricky trans fats
β additives and preservatives
β high fructose corn syrup
β controversial food colorings
β and more...
Just pick up a product from the shelf, scan it, and let Fooducate do the rest.
- "Helped me lose weight without dieting (30 lbs!!!). I'm simply eating healthy food."
- "My kids have turned Fooducate into a game. They scan and choose healthy snacks."
- "Love the healthier alternatives!"
- "The most insanely useful app on my phone. I use it often."
- "I'm a weight watcher member and I use this app all the time to count points."
- "Awesome app! I love using it. I scan EVERYTHING in the supermarket now. :D"
- "Fooducate is like having a dietitian on speed dial"
THE BEST NUTRITION APP:
β’ Largest product database (unique barcodes)
β’ Includes products from Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and other private labels
β’ Clean, simple interface give you all the info you need in less than 5 seconds
β’ It works - 80% of our users have chosen healthier alternatives suggested by Fooducate
HOW FOODUCATE GRADES PRODUCTS:
Products are awarded a nutrition grade of A, B, C, or D by an automatic algorithm that was developed by scientists, dietitians, and concerned parents. Minimally processed, real foods with intrinsic nutrients will score better than processed foods that are poor in built-in nutrients. Our analysis is based on information that appears on a productβs package - the nutrition facts panel and the ingredient list. Fooducate does not receive any additional input from manufacturers. Fooducate is NOT funded by food manufacturers, supplement companies, diets, or any sort of magic pill.
* Manual barcode entry required on iPhone 3G, iPad 1, and iPod touch without cameras.
* Requires iOS 4 and higher
* Works only with US products
* This Cigna sponsored version of the Fooducate app will not provide support or updates once the limited offer period expires.
January 14, 2013 New version 3.00
December 01, 2012 New version 2.64
November 21, 2012 New version 2.60
August 21, 2012 Initial Release