Bug fixes in version 2.01 plus new features from version 2.0:
• Voice control for all your DIRECTV receivers!
• New look to buttons on remote
• Updates for iOS 10
Direct Remote is a Wi-Fi remote control for your DIRECTV receiver that allows you to control your receiver using your iPhone or iPod touch from anywhere on your Wi-Fi network. Works with Genie Client Receivers as well as RVU enabled TV sets. See notes below to check compatibility with your DIRECTV system.
• Voice control for DIRECTV receivers!
• Control using gestures or a more traditional touch interface
• Quick tuning for up to 65 favorite channels
• Program guide for favorite channels
• Displays program information and name of the program you are watching
• Automatically discovers receivers on network
• Enables easy control in dark
• Allows control of every receiver on the network with one device
• Receiver can be hidden in a cabinet or another room
• Works with DIRECTV receivers enabled for network control (see compatible models below)
*** Requires iOS 10.0 or higher.
• Receiver must be connected to Wi-Fi network in order for this app to work. One way to check this is to push the right arrow on your remote control. If you have access to Internet connected apps, your receiver is connected to the network.
• Compatible models are all Genie receivers and clients, HR20, HR21, R22, R23, HR24 and H21, H23, H24, H25 and all newer receivers. Also works with 3rd party RVU enabled TV sets. You can verify your model by looking under the front panel door of your receiver.
• Controls DirecTV receiver only, will not control your TV or volume
If you have any questions prior to purchasing, feel free to contact me using the support link.
- June 03, 2014 Initial release
- June 10, 2014 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- July 17, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- October 18, 2014 New version 1.8
- November 13, 2014 New version 1.81
- October 04, 2015 New version 1.90
- December 09, 2016 New version 2.0
- December 23, 2016 New version 2.01