148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: I WANNA CAST MAGIC MISSILE! :: Read Our Full Review >>
Knights of Pen and Paper puts players in the unique position of acting as both Dungeon Master and Adventurer in a tabletop RPG, and it's ridiculously awesome.
What's Newv2.08 Change Log
- Fixed various crashes
- Some achievements fixed
- Increased achievement "Ain't nobody got time for that" from 365 to 465 days
- Fixed weakening spell on Black Dragon (negative damage for players made the dragon heal itself)
- Fixed Farmville in New Game + (Used to be 30 levels to high)
- The Consumable items list is now scrollable during combat when several items are listed
- Fixed some lower resistance effects
- "Miniatures" +1 to all skills bonus is now working as intended
- Blacksmith % dialogue now updated properly when using the +5% craft chance items
- Fixed some stat stacking not working or not showing the correct value
- Fixed some cases of the game crashing after killing elite mobs. Also related to Elite Kill achievement not working for everybody
- Achievement Dungeon Master now has an image
- Fixed a UI problem were using a character name and class that are both long caused text to overlap
- Localization - Portuguese - Fixed some strings that where to long
- You can no longer get stuck at Shipwreck Cove if you run out of money
- You can now leave Morderlägger Pit without abandoning the quest
- Paladin's Leader Strike skill now list the correct upgrade when leveling
- Fixed some +% Gold gained items not working
- Localization - Readability in character sheet for German translation updated slightly
- You can no longer skip combat by moving out of an area quickly
App DescriptionIGF 2013 Finalist - Student Showcase
"If you're an RPG fan of any kind, you'll love Knights of Pen & Paper." -- Eurogamer, 9/10
"This is Role-Playing in its purest form." -- Kotaku-US
""An indie turn-based retro style pixel-art RPG." I love every single one of those adjectives." -- IGN
"It’s clever, charming, customizable, and virtually infinitely replayable." -- 148 apps, 4.5/5
Set out on a grand adventure in this turn-based, retro style, pixel-art RPG, inspired by the great titles of the 90's. This +1 edition features an extended campaign, more dungeons to explore, new attacks to use in combat, and the Tavern – a place to store your adventurers.
Take on the roles of in-game players taking on the roles of their characters in a traditional pen and paper RPG session in the ultimate meta roleplaying experience. As both the playing characters AND the dungeon master, players can choose which battles to fight. Put together a bunch of monsters to make for a challenging fight and your efforts will be equally rewarded!
Choose from multiple classes, such as knights and mages, pick your characters to control those classes, like grandma or kid brother, and take on the loads of quests, monsters, items and equipment littered throughout Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition. Blacksmiths, enchanters, mining, gathering, hidden treasures and a whole lot more await, giving players a lot of room to personalize their gameplay experience.
Don’t wait any longer, the Pen & Paper world needs you!
- The ultimate pen and paper RPG simulation experience
- Put together your own role-playing group complete with the game master, the role-players and their respective classes
- Fight and explore your way through a perilous fantasy world to defeat the dark mage
- Level up and get your hands on more gold to unlock epic items and gear for your party
- As the game master, you can set up the fights yourself and choose how many monsters to battle
April 16, 2014 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
September 26, 2013 New version 2.08
June 19, 2013 New version 2.02
April 11, 2013 New version 1.45
November 30, -0001 Initial Release