What's NewUpdated for iOS 6. Download over wifi connection.
App Descriptionâ€˜The best new work of fiction in many moonsâ€™ â€“ Washington Post. DOWNTON ABBEY star Dan Stevens joins a stellar group of musicians, photographers, videographers and coders to bring Volume 1 of Richard Masonâ€™s critically acclaimed HISTORY OF A PLEASURE SEEKER to life in a glorious eLumination.
â€˜A gorgeous confectionâ€™ (New York Times), HISTORY OF A PLEASURE SEEKER charts a young manâ€™s quest for pleasure and meaning in the Gilded Age.
Piet Barol is 24 years old. Determined to leave his old life behind him, he takes a job as tutor to the ten year old son of one of Hollandâ€™s richest men. His new job requires him to walk a tightrope between delight and danger as he learns the secrets of a glittering family, and changes it forever.
HISTORY OF A PLEASURE SEEKER â€˜ is a provocative joyâ€™, says O Magazine.
In a groundbreaking celebration of the possibilities of a touchscreen device, this eLuminated edition allows you to:
* Read the story as a beautifully illuminated digital volume, each page laid out and illustrated by hand in the finest tradition.
* Tap any paragraph and have Dan Stevens read to you in a superbly produced audiobook. Step between reading and hearing modes at will.
* Listen to the music of the novel, specially recorded for the eLumination by prize winning artists. As characters sing and play the music of Chopin, Bizet, Bach, Mozart and Puccini, tap a music illustration to hear them as you read.
* Look into street scenes of Amsterdam and New York in the early twentieth century.
* See inside the grand house, on the grandest canal in Amsterdam, in which the action takes place.
* Ask Richard Mason questions about the creation of the book and the eLuminated edition.
* Make notes, which you can email or post on Facebook or Twitter from within the eLumination.
* Learn about the storyâ€™s historical context with essays written by a Yale academic covering topics like the Banking Panic of 1907, Luxury, the history of Holland and Amsterdam, and the Pleasures of the Belle Ã‰poque.
* Share your opinions with your friends via email, Twitter or Facebook.
It took 30 people over two years to make this eLumination, which allows you to stimulate your senses as never before.
To learn more, visit www.orsonandco.com or www.barol.com.
Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/orsonandco
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/orsonco
For support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 24, 2013 Price Decrease: $12.99 -> $0.99
January 31, 2013 Price Decrease: $12.99 -> $4.99
January 11, 2013 Price Decrease: $16.99 -> $12.99
November 30, -0001 Initial Release