App DescriptionFrom the developer of "Summer Games 3D" - the UK TOP OVERALL iPhone / iPod Touch Hit.
This game, Summer Games Decathlon is the spiritual successor to Track & Field a (summer games)-themed sports arcade game developed and published by (Japanese publisher) in 1983.
Celebrate the spirit of this summer's games with America's greatest ever decathletes and compete in:
Day 1: 100 metres, Long jump, Shot putt, High jump, 400 metres
Day 2: 110 hurdles, Pole vault, Discus, Javelin, 1500 metres
- 3D graphics (much as we still enjoy the original arcade “Decathlon” game, we couldn't bring ourselves to use 2D graphics in creating “2012”)
- familiar “button-bashing” play controls, combined with bespoke touch-screen inputs specifically designed for each individual event
- the option of competing in each of the 10 events individually, or collectively as a decathlon
- 3 player-selectable game-difficulty levels; “easy”, “medium” and “hard”
- local high scores, both for the decathlon and for each of the 10 individual events
- universal app; buy once and use on your iPod touch, iPhone and iPad at no extra cost
"Frankly not THE most realistic track and field simulation, but suspend the disbelief and this is a fantastic companion for those of us that just can't get enough of this summer's games."
About Track & Field (the arcade “Decathlon” game): the arcade game, released in 1983, was known as Hyper (summer games) in Japan. The simple game play, based on quick repeating button presses, set the ground rules for sequels and similar games in the genre for decades afterward. In the original arcade game, the player uses two "run" buttons (or a trackball in later units) and one "action" button to control an athlete competing in six events: 100 Meter Dash, Long jump, Javelin throw, 110 Meter Hurdles, Hammer and High jump. In each event, there is a qualifying time or level that the player must achieve to advance to the next event; failing to qualify (in one heat for running events or three tries in the other events) will reduce the player's number of lives by one, but if none are present in his/her disposal, the game will end.
About Summer Games Decathlon (“SGD”): this game, “SGD”, is a Summer Games 3D: Special Edition.
About Summer Games 3D: (To be confirmed before release).
About Elite: Elite Systems Group Ltd is a British game publisher.
Note: if there's demand, we'll add Game Center support to the next update. Tell us @elite_systems and at firstname.lastname@example.org
November 30, -0001 Initial Release