148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: HACK ATTACK :: Read Our Full Review >>
This hacker-themed game has less to do with actual hacking than it does delivering smart, highly addictive, and competitive strategy/puzzle action.
What's New- Fixed exploit in multiplayer speed
- Multiplayer color is always blue, enemy is always red
- Streamlined tutorials and first campaign
- Can now upgrade skills from within Tournaments
- Fixed iCloud reliability
- Sound effect volume now responds to main audio volume
- Can play background music from another app
App DescriptionPWN is a multiplayer strategy game about competitive computer hacking. Battle your rivals to take over networks using viruses, trojans, and backdoors like you were in a retro-futuristic hacker movie.
"Smart, highly addictive, and competitive strategy/puzzle action" - 148 Apps (Editor's Choice)
"The experience is simply exquisite. Such tension, such drama...it's just perfect...PWN: Combat Hacking is what I want hacking to be." - Kotaku
"A ludicrously chaotic, quick-fire take on the real-time strategy genre, delivering plentiful amounts of rich, strategically satisfying tactical action" - PocketGamer (Silver Award)
In this fast real-time strategy game you face off against other elite hackers within a 3D cyberspace and blast each other off the grid by tactical use of computer viruses, trojans, and spikes. Defend your own nodes with encryption, firewalls, and scanners. And watch out for hidden traps like backdoors that can decimate your network from within. Become the notorious computer hacker you always wanted to be.
- Real-time, player vs. player tactical hacking battles
- Eight hacker characters to choose from, each with a special skill proficiency
- Infiltrate maze-like three-dimensional network grids
- 10+ hours of single-player campaigns where you take out other hackers, learn and upgrade various hacking skills, and finally compete in a huge tournament
- Online and Local multiplayer
- Now with cross-platform multiplayer - download in the Mac App Store and play against friends on their phone!
- iCloud support
- Widescreen support
- 90 different maps to battle on
- No actual coding/hacking knowledge required!
November 21, 2014 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
March 12, 2014 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
September 26, 2013 New version 2.02
November 30, -0001 Initial Release