- Gif Messaging
Send animated GIFs from Giphy while messaging on Tinder. GIFs are the perfect way to start a conversation and have fun while messaging. When sending a message, tap the GIF button next to the text input box. We’ll show you a list of trending GIFs that you can send to your matches. You can also search for GIFs to find something unique.
- Upload Profile Photos from Phone
You can now upload profile photos that are stored in your camera roll. We hope this makes it easier for you to add new photos and change them more often.
- Message Liking
When someone sends you a message that you really like, tap the heart next to the message. It's a fun and easy way to reward your matches when they’re being smart, thoughtful or funny. Your match will receive a notification letting them know that you liked their message.
- Larger Emojis
Emojis on Tinder are now an even bigger deal. When you send an emoji without other text, we’ll increase the size of the emoji.
- Peek & Pop in Chat Links
iPhone 6s & iPhone 6s Plus: furthering our support of 3D Touch, we’ll now open web pages upon tapping 3D links within match conversations. We hope this helps you share interesting and relevant links with your matches.
Tinder is a fun way to meet new and interesting people nearby. 10 billion matches have been made on Tinder. Here is how it works: If you’re interested in connecting with someone on Tinder, then just anonymously Swipe Right to Like them; or Swipe Left to Pass. If someone likes you back, then it’s a match! Chat with your matches and get to know them inside of Tinder.
With Tinder’s ‘Smart Profiles’ we let you know when you share common friends and interests with your potential matches. And, when you see someone extra special, you can Swipe Up (or tap the blue star) to send someone a Super Like, letting them know before they swipe that they’ve caught your eye. Users get only one Super Like to send each day, so receiving someone’s Super Like is super special!
**Tinder is celebrating Valentine’s Day by giving users an extra Super Like each day. Only available now through Valentine’s Day.**
Fun, free, and changing the way people meet:
• “Tinder solved online dating for women” - New York Magazine
• “Tinder has become something of a cultural phenomenon” - TIME Magazine
• “Tinder is perfect for women” - ELLE
• “The world’s hottest app” - Forbes
Over 100 million downloads. Here are a few reasons why:
• Tinder is FREE and takes only a only few second to set up.
• You decide who can message you. Swiping left means that you won’t get any messages from that person.
• No pressure, no rejection: No one knows whether you swipe left or right on them; Tinder only notifies you if you both (anonymously) swipe right on one another.
• Everyone on Tinder is real and authenticated through Facebook. Note: Tinder never posts anything to Facebook.
How Tinder works:
1. Tinder shows you interesting people nearby, such as those that you share common friends and interests with.
2. If you’re interested in connecting with someone, swipe right! If not, just swipe left to pass.
3. If you like someone and they like you back, it’s a match!
4. Chat with your matches and get to know them safely inside of Tinder.
Tinder will always be free FREE, but with Tinder Plus you can get these premium features:
• Passport. Planning a trip? Make the most of your trip ahead of time and connect with people anywhere in the world.
• Rewind. Regretting that last swipe left? Hit rewind and give them a second chance.
• Additional Super Likes – stand out from the crowd.
If you choose to purchase Tinder Plus, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current Tinder Plus subscription price starts at $9.99 USD/month. Prices are in U.S. dollars, may vary in countries other than the U.S. and are subject to change without notice. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period. If you don’t choose to purchase Tinder Plus, you can simply continue using Tinder for free.
- January 08, 2013 Initial release
- January 11, 2013 New version 1.1.1
- January 21, 2013 New version 1.1.2
- February 06, 2013 New version 1.1.3
- February 08, 2013 New version 1.1.4
- March 28, 2013 New version 2.0.0
- March 29, 2013 New version 2.0.1
- March 30, 2013 New version 2.0.2
- April 02, 2013 New version 2.0.3
- May 24, 2013 New version 2.1.0
- June 08, 2013 New version 2.1.1
- September 14, 2013 New version 2.2.0
- September 24, 2013 New version 2.2.1
- September 25, 2013 New version 2.2.2
- November 20, 2013 New version 2.2.3
- November 21, 2013 New version 3.0.0
- November 28, 2013 New version 3.0.1
- December 19, 2013 New version 3.0.2
- February 26, 2014 New version 3.0.3
- March 12, 2014 New version 3.0.4
- June 05, 2014 New version 4.0.0
- June 06, 2014 New version 4.0.1
- June 27, 2014 New version 4.0.3
- July 18, 2014 New version 4.0.4
- September 18, 2014 New version 4.0.6
- September 19, 2014 New version 4.0.7
- September 27, 2014 New version 4.0.8
- October 10, 2014 New version 4.0.9
- February 02, 2015 New version 4.1.1
- February 07, 2015 New version 4.1.3
- February 13, 2015 New version 4.1.4
- March 03, 2015 New version 4.3
- April 15, 2015 New version 4.4
- April 16, 2015 New version 4.4.1
- April 29, 2015 New version 4.4.3
- May 05, 2015 New version 4.4.4
- May 12, 2015 New version 4.4.5
- May 19, 2015 New version 4.4.6
- July 07, 2015 New version 4.5.0
- September 04, 2015 New version 4.6.0
- September 24, 2015 New version 4.6.1
- November 11, 2015 New version 4.7.0
- November 14, 2015 New version 4.7.1
- December 17, 2015 New version 4.7.2
- January 28, 2016 New version 4.8.0
- January 30, 2016 New version 4.8.1