Wahoo, Captain Comet has zoomed to the rescue and banished those pesky aliens (aka minor bugs)! So, are you ready for phonics? 3, 2, 1… Blast off!
Give your child a reading head start with Ladybird's I'm Ready for Phonics!
With 12 fun and motivating levels to progress through, this app supports your child’s synthetic phonics learning at school. If needed, parents can manually unlock all levels at any time. Go to the parent’s information screen to find out how!
"An excellent app that walks the line between education and entertainment
adroitly." Apps Playground
• Get your child ready for the Phonics Screening Check at the end of Year 1.
• Tested in schools with children who are currently being taught Phonics in Reception and Year 1.
• Fun, interactive space theme with 12 motivating levels to unlock and progress through.
• Learn, blend, segment and practise the 44 sounds of the English language.
• Contains a glossary to help you understand the technical phonics terms your child uses at school.
• Fully up-to-date and in line with the official Letters and Sounds document.
• Teaches initial letter sounds, phonemes (sounds) and graphemes (letters) in the order children learn them at school.
• Includes essential tricky words that cannot be sounded out – such as ‘the’ and ‘said’.
• Record your child’s voice as you practise the different phonemes together and then play them back.
• Test your phonics knowledge with the Phonics Challenge!
• Complete each activity to win a star!
• Includes a practical, easy-to-understand Parent’s Guide to Phonics. Parents can manually unlock all planet levels. Go to the parent's information screen to find out how!
• Developed in conjunction with literacy consultant and phonics expert, Kate Ruttle. Currently Kate is the deputy head of a primary school in Suffolk and trains teachers internationally on phonics and literacy. As a literacy consultant, Kate has contributed to previous government phonics, spelling and literacy publications, as well as worked with numerous publishers in an advisory capacity over the years.
• Brought to you by Ladybird – for every age and every stage of your child’s development.
Synthetic phonics is the primary reading method now taught in UK schools, but it can seem complicated and even daunting to both parents and children.
Ladybird’s I’m Ready for Phonics is the perfect way to support your child’s phonics learning in a comprehensive and user-friendly way, without worrying that you are deviating from work done in school.
Fun, thoroughly researched and developed alongside editors, teachers and consultants, I’m Ready for Phonics is the reading app you can trust.
If you experience any technical issues with this app please get in touch. We are happy to help. Contact us at [email protected]
- September 02, 2012 Initial release
- September 26, 2012 New version 1.1
- December 18, 2012 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $5.99
- January 02, 2013 Price increase: $5.99 -> $6.99
- January 22, 2014 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $1.99
- February 09, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- May 21, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- May 27, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- June 08, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- June 16, 2015 New version 1.2
- June 28, 2015 New version 1.3