What's New- Added 'Paws For Thought' button so you can see Uggie's daily thought time and time again. Press the thought button on the main screen.
Remember you get one thought a day that you can share with your friends on Facebook and Twitter.
App DescriptionThe official Uggie app is here! To celebrate the phenomenal global success of the multiple-award winning black and white movie The Artist, weâre bringing you the chance to have your very own Uggie app for the first time.
The little dog with the big heart captivated movie goers around the world in the silent film that took everyone by surprise. The Artist won three Golden Globes, seven Baftas, six Cesars and five Oscars, but it was the scene-stealing canine sidekick of Best Actor Jean Dujardin that really set tongues - and tails - wagging.
This remarkable ten-year-old Jack Russell who was once destined for the pound, not only received the coveted Palm Dog in Cannes but was the first to be honoured by having his pawprints set in concrete on Hollywood Boulevard. He was also awarded the prestigious Golden Collar and his very own Pawscar for his amazing acting abilities.
The worldâs most famous hound has already barked his memoir to a celebrity biographer, published internationally in October 2012, but now dog lovers everywhere as well as fans of The Artist can have their very own all-action Uggie app.
- Black and white 1930s film reel style
- Exclusive HD video footage of Uggie performing 10 separate tricks
- Easy to navigate features including âNext Trickâ and âPlay Againâ buttons
- A gallery of 70 colour photographs, many never before seen
- A musical soundtrack in the 1930s style
- One-click links to Uggieâs Twitter and Facebook feeds
- Specially recorded film of Uggie at home reviewing his manuscript
- Amazon links to Uggieâs memoir The Artist: My Story and the DVD
- Fun feature using own photo or taken from camera roll to superimpose on the faces of either a dog, a man, a woman or a child sitting alongside Uggie
- Share photos on Facebook and Twitter pages or via email with the caption âLicks, Uggie xâ
- Invite your friends to play with their own photos or those of their dogs
- Minimal text for universal use
- Retina Ready
- Frequent updates of photos and clips of Uggie as he embarks on a worldwide publicity tour
- Uggie-isms, as tweeted or posted on Facebook
- Exclusive sneak peeks of what Uggie is up to next
- Dog training tips from Uggieâs owner and acting coach Omar Von Muller
â˘ âHeâs the cutest dog!â â Ellen De Generes
â˘ âUggieâs right up there with the big onesâ - Harvey Weinstein
â˘ âWhat a treat to meet Uggie. Oh, how I loved him!â â Goldie Hawn
â˘Â âUggie inhabits a character and emotional range as evocative as any of his human co-starsâŚ.He handily outperforms Leo (diCaprio) in J Edgar though might not measure up to Clooneyâs work in The Descendants.â S T Van Airsdale, Movieline editor and creator of the Consider Uggie campaign.
â˘ âUggieâs the catch of the day!â - Katy Perry
â˘ âThat was the best action Iâve had in years!â â Whoopi Goldberg after being kissed by Uggie
â˘ âUggie gives the best performance, human or animal, in any film Iâve seen this year,â Lou Lumenick, New York Post film critic who tried unsuccessfully to convince the New York Film Critics Circle to give Uggie a special award.
â˘ "You have no idea how starstruck I am!â - Gerard Butlerâ¨
â˘ âUggie is wonderfully trained and talented. Iâd like to see a special Oscar recognizing the achievements of animals.â James Cromwell in The Artist.
â˘ â(Uggie) gave a wonderful performanceâŚheâs a great dog,â - Martin Scorsese
â˘ âThis dog is a total scene-stealer!â - Miss Pyle
â˘ âUggie was my shadow and my friendâ - Jean Dujardin
â˘ âUggie was a star. It was a pleasure to work with such a pro. He became very important in the movie â much more than what I expected when I wrote the script.â - Director Michel Hazanavicius
See more at www.fizzsoftware.com
Find Uggie at www.facebook.com
Follow Uggie on twitter.com/Uggie_TheArtist
October 19, 2012 New version 1.02
October 04, 2012 New version 1.01
September 10, 2012 Initial Release