• Live View is now available for specifically white listed DSLR cameras by Canon or Nikon. Please refer to
http://boinx.com/connect/istopmotion/supportedcameras for a complete
list of supported models. If you think your Canon or Nikon DSLR should be supported, please let us know using the Provide Feedback command in the iStopMotion menu.
• If your DSLR camera is set to auto mode a warning will appear that you will get a flickering movie.
• Screen Capture Source can now be set to full screen size via popup menu.
• Fixed crash when multiple images were imported at once.
• Fixed crash when using iStopCamera (remote iStopMotion camera app for iOS devices)
• The Canon 700D isn't recognized under OS-X 10.7.5. Please update your MacOS.
• Opening certain QuickTime movies with iStopMotion fails due to a sandbox violation. Please use iStopMotion project files only.
• If you are using iGlasses, please install version 3.2.1 or later in combination with iStopMotion 3.
iStopMotion is the award-winning standard of computer-aided stop motion animation (also known as claymation) and time lapse photography for your Mac. It is equally loved by many thousands of parents, kids, teachers, brickfilmers, pro animators and anyone with an interest in this fascinating movie making technique.
"To me, [animating with the family using iStopMotion] was the perfect weekend of inspiration and magic and creativity. That's what technology can do."
– David Pogue, technology columnist
To create the best stop motion animation and time lapse movie making package, we have consolidated all previous versions into one iStopMotion with all the features at a new, vastly
lower, much more affordable, rock bottom price.
New in iStopMotion 3
Support for the iStopMotion Remote Camera – Turn your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch into a versatile HD camera for iStopMotion with the iStopMotion Remote Camera app, available free of charge from the App Store. iStopMotion Remote Camera transmits a live video feed and supports 1080p remote capture with the iPhone 4S and the iPad (3rd gen.), and 720p with iPhone 4, iPod touch (4th gen) and iPad 2.
Also new: gorgeous new UI optimized for the Retina Display, export to Final Cut Pro X, support for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, signed with DeveloperID and sandboxed for enhanced security and more. Check the website for a complete version history.
See what the animation is going to look like before you capture the frame.
Watch your animation before it’s finished to see if it worked out the way you wanted.
Speed up slow processes, like a flower blooming or the sun setting.
Print your animations in a format that easily folds into a flip book to take them with you.
Tilt Shift Filter
A popular effect as of late, make your scene look like a miniature.
Animate dinosaurs into real background pictures or movies, or put an actor into an animated scene.
Overlay your animation with a picture or video with transparency to achieve amazing effects.
Use another movie as a guide for your animation to get the movements just right.
Use a pre-recorded sound track and animate to it, for example to create a music video.
Export to Final Cut
iStopMotion focuses on and perfects the art of capturing images. Use any video editing software like iMovie, Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere to edit, add titles and sound effects.
iStopMotion can use many video cameras, video capture devices and digital photo cameras with support for OS X capture technologies and the iStopMotion Remote Camera app via WiFi for iPhone 4/4S, iPad 2, new iPad, iPod touch (4th gen.)
iStopMotion focuses on and perfects the art of capturing single frames. Export to iMovie, Final Cut Pro X or another video editing app to edit, add titles and sound effects.
iStopMotion records and stores each frame individually for maximum quality and can export to any format supported by OS X, including Full HD.
- September 11, 2014 Price increase: $44.99 -> $49.99
- August 18, 2014 Price decrease: $49.99 -> $44.99
- July 25, 2014 Price increase: $19.99 -> $49.99
- July 19, 2014 Price decrease: $49.99 -> $19.99
- June 06, 2014 Initial release