What's New- New: Document pages can be flagged individually
- New: Option to choose Serif or Sans-Serif font in text editor
- Improved: document scanning workflow update, the scanner window remains open to allow scanning of multiple pages in a single session
- Improved: better reporting of OCR processing with VoiceOver as a spoken percentage. This provides a better experience especially when processing multiple pages at once.
- Improved: you can now move the cursor to the text editor with a keyboard shortcut, and also navigate through regions using the keyboard.
- Improved: Prizmo now remembers the last used scanner or camera for faster workflow (avoids to choose it each time).
- Fixed: More robust PDF export, especially for documents with many pages
- Fixed: Corrected a crash that would happen when quickly switching from page to page (with large image)
- Fixed: source PDF files that have a rotation tag are now correctly parsed and displayed.
- Fixed: detected images are now correctly extracted after OCR in all cases (would sometimes show as empty)
- Fixed: scanner operated in File Mode now reports correct DPI for JPEG and PNG image types.
- Various smaller bug fixes and enhancements.
App DescriptionPrizmo 2 is a revolutionary scanning application with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) in over 40 languages with powerful editing capability, text-to-speech, and iCloud support.
No matter what capture device's at hand, Prizmo is the key for scanning and performing OCR. It works with pictures taken with your iPhone, iPad, or digital camera, with documents coming from connected or Wi-Fi scanners, even with screenshots! It will help you easily scan any documents (invoices, receipts, boards, giant advertisements...) of any sizes (US Letter, US Legal, A4, and custom)...
"Prizmo’s optical character recognition abilities are impressive. It does a good job of recognizing printed type, not just in a flat image but also in distorted, perspective-altered camera images. Suddenly those off-the-cuff, spontaneous images are usable again." (by Linda Maloney - MacNN)
"My results were great, and it could definitely act as my only scanner. But, it really isn’t only a scanner, it can be used on anything. If you see a movie poster or an ad that you like, and would like to have documented, just take a picture, and Prizmo will help you with perspective, cropping and everything else." (by Joe Turner - MacApper)
• Specific Processing for Business Cards, Multipage Texts and Images
• Input File Formats: regular photo files including JPEG, RAW, TIFF, as well as PDF files (even multipage)
• Input Options: digital cameras (iPhone, iPad, DSLRs...), camera tethering, connected and Wi-fi scanners, screenshots, snap any text from your screen
• State-of-the-Art OCR Technology in 40 Languages: Afrikaans, Albanian, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
• Detection of 3 Types of Regions: texts, images and numbers
• OCR Editing and Correction: add, delete, merge and reorder regions on the one hand, edit text for correcting mistakes on the other hand
• Automatic Frame Detection: lay the page, snap it, and let Prizmo handle the cropping
• Automatic Text Orientation Detection
• Perspective Correction to Compensate Camera Point of View
• Non-linear Lens Distortion Correction
• Page Curvature Correction for Books and Magazines
• Real-time OCR Results: moving/resizing region frames immediately updates text results
• Resolution Increase: image enhancement allows OCR results where OCR is generally not even thinkable
• Output Formats: image files (JPEG, PNG, TIFF), and text files (PDF with Spotlight-searchable text, RTF, TXT) - even multipage!
• Prizmo Document Sharing across Macs through iCloud (native documents only)
• Export to the Evernote, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive and WebDAV Online Services
• Online Translation into 41 Languages
• Accessibility Feedback for the OCR Processing (blank, blurry image, etc.)
• Text-to-Speech for Reading Scanned Texts: over 70 high-quality voices in 26 languages with navigation settings and interactive reading progress display (available for free in OS X Preferences)
• Enhanced for the Retina Display.
Prizmo 2 - Pro Pack
If you process many text documents, you’ll be interested in the Pro Pack. It is available as in-app purchase, and includes the following additional features:
• Batch Document Processing
• Automator Action for automatically performing OCR as a workflow action or smart folder
• Custom Export Scripts for integrating Prizmo in enterprise workflows using custom Unix scripts and AppleScripts.
If you need fast friendly help, or if you want to send your feedback, contact us at email@example.com
February 01, 2014 New version 2.1.2
January 29, 2014 New version 2.1.1
November 27, 2013 Price Decrease: $49.99 -> $24.99
November 23, 2013 New version 2.1
September 26, 2013 New version 2.0.8
May 31, 2013 New version 2.0.7
October 31, 2012 Initial Release