What's NewHo Ho Ho. Hello all. This time around we bring you 2013 tide data, fixes for locales other than AU and quite a few other tweaks based on feedback you've given to us. We also leave you with a poem, 'Twas the Night before App Store Closure'...enjoy your holidays!
Twas a few weeks before Christmas when all through the office
Not a developer was stirring, not even a novice.
The code was checked into source control with great care,
In hopes 2013 tides soon would be there.
The developers were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of bug fixes danced in their heads.
And our Jelly in his water and I in my shorts,
Had just knocked off work for some xmas cavorts.
When out of nowhere there arose such a clatter,
I sprang out of my chair to see what was the matter.
Away to the iPhone I flew like a flash,
Tapped open the Pocket Weather and gave it a bash.
The sun on the breast of the fake pixel rain,
Gave way to the data which invaded my brain.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But an obvious bug which had slipped out my rear.
With a click of my mouse, so lively and quick,
I knew in a moment they'd give me some shtick.
More rapid than eagles the bugs they came in,
So I whistled, and shouted, and made such a din.
"Now Xcode! now, iOS! now, BOM and Tide data!"
On, Keyboard! On, Mouse! on, on Objective-C and Core Data.
To the summit where all bugs go to die!
Now dash away, Dash away, fly fly fly!
As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky.
So up to the App Store submission page I flew,
With compiler full of code, and old Cupertino's blessing too.
And then in a twinkling, I heard just nearby
The yelling of our designer, with a voice oh so high.
As I drew in my head, and was turning around,
Down past my chair he came with a bound.
He was dressed like a Hipster, from his head to his toe,
And his clothes all flowed around him unlike a typical joe.
A bundle of pens he had in his pockets,
And he looked all suave, like he was a maker of rockets.
His eyes how they glowed! his pimples how merry!
His photoshop smelled of roses, his pixels like a cherry!
He yelled for a while, and made wild hand gestures
Until I bent to his will to rid myself of his pester.
The cord of a mouse he held tight in his teeth,
And to my bewilderment it encircled his head like a wreath.
He had a frown on his face, that made him look mad,
He shook when he laughed, it made me all sad.
When the work was all done, he sprang to his fixie,
And away he flew like a terrified pixie.
But I heard him exclaim, ‘ere he rode out of sight,
"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!"
App DescriptionWeather sourced directly from the Australian Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) - an Australian source for Australian weather!
*** Pocket Weather Australia 3, redesigned, redefined, realigned! ***
After 4 years and many many updates, the time has come to revamp Australia's most downloaded weather app of all time: Pocket Weather AU. We've come a long way since releasing the first ever Australian weather application in the store. We've learnt so much, and had a lot of fun with you, our customers. Today we'd like to introduce Pocket Weather Australia 3. A combination of everything we've learnt, almost a years worth of hard work and feedback from you. We're proud to give you a Universal version that will run on your iPad and iPhone. Get on board Australia!
- Forecasts for every suburb in Australia, using Brand Spanking New BOM data
- Universal application, runs on your iPhone, iPad and iPod
- *Exclusive* hourly temperatures, wind speed and direction forecasts 6 days ahead for locations in NSW, VIC, WA, TAS & SA (QLD & NT coming soon)
- Follow me location (it updates when you open the app, so you always know your local weather)
- Current details for your location (pressure, humidity, forecasted UV, live UV (where available), Dew Point, Delta T, Rainfall, Wind, Sunrise/Sunset & first light/last light)
- History for the last 72 hours for all locations
- Push warning notifications, that you can filter by state, and also by type. Get notified of severe weather events within moments of the BOM issuing them.
- Have the current temperature, feels like, forecast high, forecast low, live UV, forecast UV or chance of rain pushed to your device as a badge. No need to even open the app!
- Tide data for hundreds of locations around Australia (works offline)
- All the Rain Radars around Australia, so you can know exactly where it's raining and plan your day
- Rainfall Radars (10 min, 1 hour, Since 9am, 24 Hour)
- National Satellite map
- Synoptic Chart
- Unique card interface that lets you see information at a glance, pull card up for detailed info
WHO ARE WE?
We're independent to the core. We're 100% Australian owned & operated. We're 2 developers and 1 designer. We're 3 guys from Adelaide. We're a little bit crazy. We are Shifty Jelly, and you're more than welcome to email us to find out more (email@example.com).
While we have explicit permission (and pay for) data from the BOM this app is not published or maintained by the them. Please send your queries, suggestions and problems to us and leave those hard working lads and ladies in peace.
February 26, 2014 New version 4.1
January 29, 2014 New version 4.0.1
December 18, 2012 New version 3.4
November 21, 2012 New version 3.3
September 23, 2012 New version 3.2
September 12, 2012 New version 3.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release