148Apps Review SummaryRead Our Full Review >>
Be a Buddy, Not a Bully - A Tale of Midlandia Storybook nicely tackles the subject of bullying with a great sense of style and narration.
What's New- Updated particle effect issues
- Further page enhancements to increase user enjoyment
App DescriptionA timely tale about sharing, fairness, and friendship that will open the mind and heart of your young reader.
** "A gorgeously illustrated app...both entertaining and instructive." - PadGadget **
** "Great for discussing a difficult subject with kids." - theiPadfan.com **
Harvest the farmer has a problem. Mean old Buck is digging around on his land and refuses to leave! Can gentle Harvest handle Buck’s bullying on his own? Or will he need help?
With custom music, audio, special effects, retina-optimized art, and iPad-exclusive story content, this digital book from Midlandia Press (creators of The Pirate Koostoe and Builda the Re-Bicycler for the iPad) gives young readers an entertaining and educational experience with loads of interactivity on every page.
To help develop early reading skills, each word of the story is highlighted as it is read. Combining vibrant illustrations, thoughtful storytelling, and plentiful yet carefully chosen enhancements, Be a Buddy, Not a Bully is a heartfelt social story that will appeal to readers of all ages, while encouraging the values of kindness and open dialog.
In addition to a touching story, this app features a great deal of story content previously unavailable in print. To enhance the story’s message about the importance of communication, readers can touch every character on every page to hear their internal thoughts. This feature includes over fifty new lines of dialog, provided by the story’s original author.
This digital book can be enjoyed in three modes:
• Read-to-me – listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read
• Read-to-myself – read the story in its traditional form
• Auto-play – story is narrated, with automatic page turns. Perfect for younger children!
Additional features include:
• Detailed, colorful artwork
• Retina optimization
• All-original musical compositions
• Custom-made sound effects
• Pans and zooms to guide the eye and accentuate the story
• “Tilt” and “shake” pages
• Dozens of character-based interactions
• Multi-touch elements that reward repeat interaction
• Story narration by the author
• End-of-story discussion questions to encourage reader reflection
Be a Buddy, Not a Bully is part of the "Tales of Midlandia" series, a wonderful collection of humorous, enriching, and thought-provoking stories brought to you online and in print by Midlandia Press. Each story deals with universal concepts and social situations that are relatable to any young child or parent. From bullying to bad dreams, from table manners to temper tantrums—the Midlandians experience it all. The series debuted on the iPad with The Pirate Koostoe in December of 2011. With a cast of nearly thirty characters, more “Tales” are soon to follow…
For all of our latest news in apps, ebooks, and print:
• Visit us: www.midlandiapress.com
• Like us: facebook.com/MidlandiaPress
• Follow us: twitter.com/MidlandiaPress
If you like our app, please take a moment to rate and write a great review. In addition, we are always looking to improve our users’ experience. If you have any comments or suggestions, you can write us at email@example.com.
** Privacy **
• Does not collect personal information
• Does not contain ads or in-app purchases
• Does not have links to social networks
• Does contain links to the Midlandia Press website and certain retailers that carry our print materials, but does not allow for any direct purchase of products
November 22, 2012 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
August 26, 2012 New version 1.0
August 16, 2012 Initial Release