We've made some updates in our location tracking system to improve our alert delivery.
**One of the top 6 hurricane tracking apps - CNN**
**Readers’ Pick: Most innovative and useful hurricane app – FastCompany**
**One of 5 apps to get you through a natural disaster – Fox News**
**Top Apps of the Week (11/3/12) – ABC News**
**Top Apps of the Week (10/29/12) - MediaBistro**
**Top App of the week (9/2/12) - Appolicious**
Be ready for severe weather with Hurricane by American Red Cross. Monitor conditions in your area or throughout the storm track, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe – a must have for anyone who lives in an area where a hurricane may strike or has loved ones who do.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Free and available in English and Spanish.
• Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after the storm, even if no data connectivity.
• Track the path of a hurricane with our interactive storm tracker displaying where the app has been and where it’s predicted to go.
• Monitor, hurricane, flood & tornado-related weather conditions in your area or those of loved-ones with various map layers and location-based notifications for the U.S. and its territories.
• Customizable alerting and push notification options.
• Easy to view alert feed with the ability to remove alerts.
• Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
• Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
• Stay safe when the lights are out with the Hurricane Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
• Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your hurricane knowledge with interactive quizzes.
• See an illustrated history of hurricanes in your area.
• Learn the difference between a hurricane warning and watch.
• Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
- August 01, 2012 Initial release
- August 23, 2012 New version 1.3
- August 29, 2012 New version 1.3.1
- January 22, 2013 New version 1.4
- August 14, 2013 New version 1.5
- August 24, 2013 New version 1.5.1
- February 25, 2014 New version 2.0
- May 27, 2014 New version 2.0.2
- June 04, 2014 New version 2.0.3
- June 26, 2014 New version 2.0.4
- July 24, 2014 New version 2.0.5
- October 14, 2014 New version 2.0.6
- October 08, 2015 New version 3.0
- December 19, 2015 New version 3.1
- June 21, 2016 New version 3.2.1
- December 01, 2016 New version 3.3.1
- September 09, 2017 New version 3.5