An innovative travel & cultural guide about the village of Pyrgos on the island of Santorini
Pyrgos, with its Venetian castle, is one of the most picturesque and best preserved villages of the island of Santorini. It is also the first settlement in Greece to launch its own native and fully interactive iPad application!
The myths, the history, the attractions and the secrets of this beautiful village, situated in the foot of Prophet Elias, offering impressive views over the famous Caldera and the volcano, are presented in the interactive pages of the app. Along with the detailed texts, you will enjoy high quality photos and a video presenting the Epitaph procession during Good Friday, in Pyrgos.
The app includes information about:
- The history of the kasteli (castle) and the settlement built around it
- The churches and the ecclesiastical museum
- Walking around and accessibility
- The vineyards and the wineries
- Traditional cuisine
- What to see around Pyrgos
Also: The luxury hotels in the area, restaurants and tavernas, café-bars and traditional kafeneia (cafes) and a lot of useful information.
- June 10, 2014 Initial release