What's NewMinor interface improvements Minor bug fixes
App DescriptionDiscover and discuss the best foods to help you manage your diabetes / low carb diet. Powered by Fooducate's extensive product database and award winning technology.
PREMIUM FEATURES IN THIS APP
Everything in the free Fooducate app plus:
(*) Carbs, net carbs, and diabetes specific advice for over 200,000 products
(*) Healthier alternative that are low carb / diabetes friendly
(*) Priority support
(*) GMO info
(*) Personalized ratings for heart health, low cholesterol, hypertension, vegetarian, and vegan profiles.
(*) Thanks for supporting transparency in the food industry!
Lose weight, eat REAL food, and track your progress. Fooducate grades your food, explains what's really inside each product, and offers healthier alternatives. We've got the largest database of UPC-based nutrition information - over 200,000 unique products and growing.
• Premium version of Fooducate - Best of the iPhone Health & Fitness category - Apple App Store
• 1st prize - US Surgeon General Healthy App Challenge
• Featured in Oprah, USAToday, NYTimes, WSJ, and on ABC, FOX, NBC and more...
• Recommended by dietitians, physicians, fitness gurus, and your friends
FOODUCATE HELPS YOU EAT HEALTHY
+ Track your diet, calorie quality, and exercise
+ Automatically scan a product barcode, search for products, or browse by categories
+ See a food's nutrition grade (A, B, C, or D)
+ Learn about a product's pros and cons
+ Choose healthier alternatives
+ Add your own foods to track
+ Share your feedback with the community
+ Create a healthy shopping list
+ Submit new products for analysis
FOODUCATE TEACHES YOU
Fooducate analyzes information found in a product nutrition panels and ingredient lists. You'll discover things manufacturers don't want you to notice, such as
- excessive sugar
- tricky trans fats
- high fructose corn syrup
- controversial food colorings
- GMO - genetical modified organisms (premium versions only)
- additives and preservatives
- artificial sweeteners
- and more...
Just pick up a product from the shelf, scan it, and let Fooducate do the rest.
***** "Helped me lose weight without dieting (30 lbs!!!). I'm simply eating healthy food."
***** "My kids have turned Fooducate into a game. They scan and choose healthy snacks."
***** "Love the healthier alternatives!"
***** "The most insanely useful app on my phone. I use it often."
***** "I'm a weight watcher member and I use this app all the time to count points."
***** "Awesome app! I love using it. I scan EVERYTHING in the supermarket now. :D"
***** "Fooducate is like having a dietitian on speed dial"
THE BEST NUTRITION APP
• Largest product database (unique barcodes)
• Created by scientists, dietitians and concerned parents
• Includes products from Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and other private labels
• Clean, simple interface give you a food grade plus all the info you need in less than 5 seconds
• It works - 80% of our users have chosen healthier alternatives suggested by Fooducate
HOW FOODUCATE GRADES PRODUCTS
Products are awarded a nutrition grade of A, B, C, or D by an automatic algorithm that was developed by scientists, dietitians, and concerned parents. Minimally processed, real foods with intrinsic nutrients will score better than processed foods that are poor in built-in nutrients. Our analysis is based on information that appears on a product’s package - the nutrition facts panel and the ingredient list. Fooducate does not receive any additional input from manufacturers. Fooducate is NOT funded by food manufacturers, supplement companies, diets, or any sort of magic pill.
* Manual barcode entry required on iPhone 3G, iPad 1, and iPod touch without cameras.
* Requires iOS 5 and higher
* Works only with US products
November 29, 2013 New version 3.54
November 15, 2013 New version 3.52
October 04, 2013 New version 3.42
September 26, 2013 New version 3.40
August 21, 2013 New version 3.38
November 30, -0001 Initial Release