-Pinch to zoom video.
-AB Looping between bookmarks.
-Support sites with authentication.
-Support zip imports via 'open in' or by downloading directly from the web.
-Allow to sort by name or date in reverse order.
-Other enhancements and bug fixes.
-Fix crash when playing on some older devices.
If you read this far, you probably care, and if you care, please consider taking a moment to add a review. Thanks! :)
App DescriptionPlayer to speed up video and audio playback directly from your favorite websites like YouTube, applications like DropBox, iTunes Library, etc. Play it faster to save time or download it for offline viewing and play it anytime.
There is so much amazing content available for free; fascinating talks, interviews, lectures, how-to's, tutorials, news, etc, and not enough time to get through it all.
With Swift you can speed up playback without changing pitch to save yourself time, slow it down to grasp complicated topics, or download for offline viewing. You can understand speech at a much faster pace than it is spoken, so take advantage and optimize your time. It's like speed reading but without the learning curve.
• Access media using a built-in Web browser, iPod library, Camera Roll, apps like Mail and DropBox, or transfer to & from your computer via WiFi and iTunes file sharing. Audio books, podcasts, video and audio, basically everything that your device plays will work in Swift.
• Play local or Web videos at variable playback speed .5x - 2x (up to 3x for audio only files), all while maintaining pitch. Speed up to save time or slow down to grasp complicated topics.
• Download video & audio from your favorite websites for offline playback. You won’t have to be tied to an internet connection to enjoy great online content. You can even open downloaded files in other 3rd party apps, or share them via email, camera roll, etc.
• Pinch to zoom video for easier reading of slides and presentations.
• Add multiple bookmarks & notes. You can jump between them or export them via email. Make it easy for yourself to find those key moments when you need them.
• AB Looping between bookmarks makes it easy to learn specific sections, great for music or language tutorials.
• Play History keeps track of all the files you've played. Downloaded files even revert back to links when you delete them, so you can always have access to your history.
• Content Played & Time Saved tracks your valuable time. Will you play twice as much in the same amount of time, or play the same in half the time?
• Sort, search, and organize your library into folders for quick access. You can even import multiple files at once using zip files, via 'open in...', iTunes File Sharing, WiFi, or downloading directly from websites.
• Many Bluetooth devices support phone calls (HFP 1.5) but not media playback (A2DP). With Swift, you can use them.
• Swift currently supports the same file formats that the native iOS player does.
For a quick demo, go to http://tapparatus.com/swift
SOME BEST FREE VIDEO & AUDIO SITES
YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, TED, Big Think, Solve For X, MIT Video, Open Yale Courses, Academic Earth, WatchKnowLearn, Khan Academy, CosmoLearning, Math TV, 5min, Howcast, Videojug, The NYT Video, Huffpost Media, Wall Street Journal Video, Reuters Video, Guardian, etc...
For more, check out http://tapparatus.com/swift/directory
November 06, 2013 New version 1.9
October 05, 2013 New version 1.8
September 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
August 21, 2013 New version 1.7.1
May 20, 2013 New version 1.5.0
May 14, 2013 New version 1.4.0
November 30, -0001 Initial Release