App DescriptionRemote shutter release and remote viewfinder for 2 iPhones within Bluetooth or WiFi range of each other (short range). Also can control camera light on/off remotely. Note: the light control is the "always on" light mode, not the flash mode. We figured that if it was dark, you would need to light up the scene so you could see it over the remote. Can also run on iPad in compatibility mode (e.g. small sized or at 2x magnification).
Note: if you have a WiFi tethering plan on one of your iDevices, you can tether one iDevice to the other (in the normal way) before running this app, and this app will have faster video response than when running it over Bluetooth, due to higher data speed on WiFi.
1. Install this app on 2 iOS devices.
2. Turn on Bluetooth, both devices.*
3. Launch apps.
4. Set switch to Camera on 1 app; Remote on other app.
5. Apps may take a few seconds to sync up using radio waves.
6. Remote range is about 10 to 15 meters depending on conditions.
7. From the remote app, you can see what the other phone's camera sees, and switch the camera light on/off.
8. Snap a picture with the Oh Snap button on the remote side. The picture will be taken and stored on the Camera side at full resolution (not low quality preview image quality).
9. Note: buttons are active on the camera side too, just in case.
10. Works with the main high resolution camera only, not the camera that points toward the user of the phone.
11. This is not a generic remote shutter release for non-Apple SLR cameras. Will only work with iPhones, iPods, iPads.
12. Works best on iPhone4S and iPad3 due to advanced radio chips.
13. The iOS device functioning as the remote need not have a camera: e.g. iPad1.
14. Preview image is of reduced quality for better video speed over Bluetooth, and is mainly for lining up the shot.
15. Use Relink button to re-connect the 2 apps if they somehow become disconnected. Press Relink on 1 device and if it doesn't resync in a few seconds, press Relink also on the other device.
If you have trouble connecting remotely:
Shut off WiFi on both devices if you are in a passworded WiFi area. Password on WiFi can confuse the connection.
If you have more trouble connecting, exit both apps and re-start them.
The app works across unpassworded local WiFi as well, with faster response of viewfinder picture.
* Go to the Settings app / General / Bluetooth / On.
November 08, 2013 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
November 02, 2013 New version 1.1
September 28, 2013 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
June 08, 2013 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
July 27, 2012 Initial Release