Revised the scoring for greater realism in 8 of the 10 events. Scoring in the High Jump and in the Pole Vault still requires revision.
From the developer of "Summer Games 3D" - the UK TOP OVERALL iPhone / iPod Touch Hit.
This game, Ashton Eaton's Decathlon 2012 is the spiritual successor to Track & Field a (summer games)-themed sports arcade game developed and published by (Japanese publisher) in 1983. This game is being released to celebrate Ashton Eaton's achievements as the reigning World Wecord holder in the decathlon and in the heptathlon.
The game's loading screens feature packing art originally created in 1984, by Bob Wakelin.
Celebrate the spirit of this summer's games with America's greatest ever decathletes and compete in:
Day 1: 100 metres, Long jump, Shot putt, High jump, 400 metres
Day 2: 110 hurdles, Pole vault, Discus, Javelin, 1500 metres
- 3D graphics (much as we still enjoy the original arcade “Decathlon” game, we couldn't bring ourselves to use 2D graphics in creating “2012”)
- familiar “button-bashing” play controls, combined with bespoke touch-screen inputs specifically designed for each individual event
- the option of competing in each of the 10 events individually, or collectively as a decathlon
- 3 player-selectable game-difficulty levels; “easy”, “medium” and “hard”
- local high scores, both for the decathlon and for each of the 10 individual events
- universal app; buy once and use on your iPod touch, iPhone and iPad at no extra cost
"Frankly not THE most realistic track and field simulation, but suspend the disbelief and this is a fantastic companion for those of us that just can't get enough of this summer's games."
About Track & Field (the arcade “Decathlon” game): the arcade game, released in 1983, was known as Hyper (summer games) in Japan. The simple game play, based on quick repeating button presses, set the ground rules for sequels and similar games in the genre for decades afterward. In the original arcade game, the player uses two "run" buttons (or a trackball in later units) and one "action" button to control an athlete competing in six events: 100 Meter Dash, Long jump, Javelin throw, 110 Meter Hurdles, Hammer and High jump. In each event, there is a qualifying time or level that the player must achieve to advance to the next event; failing to qualify (in one heat for running events or three tries in the other events) will reduce the player's number of lives by one, but if none are present in his/her disposal, the game will end.
About Ashton Eaton's Decathlon 2012 (“2012”): this game, “2012”, is a Summer Games 3D: Special Edition.
About Ashton Eaton (Source: Wikipedia): Ashton James Eaton (born January 21, 1988) is an American decathlete, who competes for the Oregon Track Club Elite team based in Eugene, Oregon. He holds the World Record in both the decathlon and heptathlon events, and is only the second decathlete (after Roman Šebrle) to break the 9,000-point barrier, with 9,039 points. He is a two-time medalist (one gold, one silver) at the World Championships. He qualified to represent the United States in the decathlon at the 2012 (summer games) in London.
About Elite: Elite Systems Group Ltd is a British game publisher.
Note: if there's demand, we'll add Game Center support to the next update. Tell us @elite_systems and at [email protected]
- August 03, 2012 Initial release
- August 07, 2012 New version v1.1
- March 30, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99