Happy New Year!!
1. Improved experience for iPhone 7 Plus (now uses telephoto camera that is closer to the flash)
2. Bug fixes
Cardiio helps you measure your heart rate, learn how the numbers relate to your general wellness, perform effective workouts to get in shape, and track your progress.
*** Featured on The Doctors (CBS), ABC News and more ***
MEASURE YOUR HEART RATE:
• Just hold your phone or tablet in front of your face, or
• Simply cover the back camera with your finger to read your pulse
• See how your heart rate relates to your fitness and endurance
IMPROVE YOUR FITNESS:
• Built-in high-intensity circuit training program that only takes 7 minutes to complete
TRACK YOUR PERFORMANCE:
• Personal dashboard with history (daily, weekly and monthly)
• Edit, annotate, export your data (CSV)
Cardiio’s technology is based on technology licensed from MIT and originally developed at the MIT Media Lab. MIT has not endorsed Cardiio-Heart Rate Monitor or Cardiio, Inc.
Blood absorbs light. Every time your heart beats, the blood flow to your face and finger increases, causing more light to be absorbed. In between beats, less light is absorbed. By using your smartphone camera to capture tiny changes in reflected light from either your finger or face, Cardiio can calculate your heart rate.
**IMPORTANT TIPS FOR BEST RESULTS
For more info, see http://www.cardiio.com/faq
• ALWAYS hold your phone steady, keep still, and don’t talk during a measurement.
• Make sure your fingers are not cold.
• Cover the entire back camera lightly with your finger; Don't press too hard to avoid restricting blood flow to your finger.
• Look straight ahead and hold your phone around 6 inches in front of your face
• Be in a well-lit area so your face is well illuminated, but don’t have a bright background behind you (backlit) as it makes your face appear dark in contrast.
• Make sure your face is clearly visible (e.g. no long hair covering your forehead etc.) so that it can be easily detected.
NEED HELP? If you have difficulty with the app, just contact us: [email protected]
WHAT THE PRESS SAY
PC Magazine - "… the app is simple, yet beautiful and pretty slick."
Cult of Mac - "Cardiio is one of those apps that wows you..."
Lifehacker - "it’s a little mind-blowing..."
WARNING: NOT FOR MEDICAL USE
If knowing your pulse rate is critical to your health, you need to have your pulse taken by a medical professional. Cardiio is not intended to diagnose, prevent or treat any condition, or to be a substitute for professional medical care. Measurements and statistics are intended for informational and educational purposes only, to support general health and wellness. The Cardiio app has not been tested with individuals with health conditions, is not a clinical pulse oximeter and has not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- August 09, 2012 Initial release
- August 31, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- September 04, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $4.99
- October 10, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- October 16, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- October 17, 2012 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- March 29, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- April 05, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- April 11, 2013 New version 2.0
- April 12, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- May 20, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- September 19, 2013 New version 3.0.1
- November 02, 2013 New version 3.0.2
- November 11, 2013 New version 3.0.3
- November 15, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- February 21, 2014 New version 3.1
- April 12, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- May 02, 2014 New version 3.1.2
- June 03, 2014 New version 3.1.3
- October 08, 2014 New version 3.2.0
- February 25, 2015 New version 3.2.1
- July 26, 2015 New version 3.3.0
- August 21, 2015 New version 3.3.1
- December 11, 2016 New version 3.3.2
- January 05, 2017 New version 3.3.3