- [New] Action Export. Similar to new Drafts Export feature, all custom actions can now be exported in JSON, CSV, HTML or Markdown format via the Settings. Export Actions screen. Useful for backup and sharing.
- [Change] Markdown auto-list completion re-enabled thanks to update to the TextExpander SDK which avoids the issue which caused me to disable it. :-)
Reviews and ratings are always appreciated. Feedback and support via @draftsapp on Twitter/Facebook, or at help.agiletortoise.com
Drafts, where text starts on iOS. Quickly capture text and send it almost anywhere!
#### Macworld, 2013 Eddy Award Winner, 5 Mice!
#### Lifehacker Pack for iPad 2013
#### “Easily one of the best iOS apps I’ve ever used.” – Merlin Mann
#### Best New Apps: The Verge
#### Drafts for iPhone available separately on the App Store with Sync!
Drafts is the quick, easy way to capture and share text. In Drafts, text comes first – open the app and get a new, blank draft – ready to type. Don't get bogged down in a timeline just to tweet or post to Facebook. Don't tap your way through multiple screens to get down an email or SMS. Don't navigate folders, create files and name them just to jot down a note or create a todo.
In Drafts you can get that text down quickly and decide what to do with it later. Extensive output options let you send text to Twitter, Facebook, App.net, email, SMS, a Calendar event, quickly save it to Dropbox, Google Drive or Evernote – or forward it to a growing list of other Apps such as OmniFocus, Things, Fantastical, Byword and more. Customize actions to fit into any workflow.
- QUICK ENTRY: App opens to a new blank draft to quickly jot down ideas.
- SAVE, SEARCH, SYNC: Not sure what to do with that text? Just type it in and leave drafts – no saving, it'll be there when you get back. Recent drafts are always one tap away, and full-text searching is available. Optionally enable Drafts lightning fast sync between Drafts, Drafts for iPad (sold separately) on multiple devices.
- SEND TO...ANYTHING? Extensive output options let you do almost anything you might want with your text. Output options include: Twitter, Facebook, Email, SMS-Messages, Events, Clipboard, "Open in..." export, Print.
- EMAIL ACTIONS: Configure your own email actions with preconfigured recipients that can be sent in the background to integration with services like Evernote, OmniFocus Maildrop, Toodledo, IFTTT and more.
- MESSAGE ACTIONS: Create single tap messaging actions with pre-defined recipients and templates.
- DROPBOX, GOOGLE DRIVE and EVERNOTE ACTIONS: Create actions to create/append/prepend to any text file in your Dropbox or Google Drive, or note in Evernote with templates and dynamic tags.
- URL ACTIONS: Create actions with URL schemes to integrate with other apps and websites.
- IMPORT/EXPORT/SHARE ACTIONS: Drafts support sharing of custom actions via URLs.
- LINK MODE: Capture phone#s, addresses and URLs and link mode makes them tappable links.
- FORWARD DRAFTS TO OTHER APPS: Any app that can accept text via URL scheme can be added, and our Action Directory has a huge list of ready to install actions for apps such as OmniFocus, Tweetbot, Fantastical, and many more.
- CUSTOMIZE ACTIONS: Arrange actions across 4 action panes, and configure whether actions require confirmation or route drafts after they complete (i.e. send to archive, delete).
- MARKDOWN SUPPORT: Use [Markdown](http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/) to format text, and Drafts can convert it to HTML. Preview the HTML in Drafts, create a HTML email, or copy it to the clipboard for use in other apps.
- THEMES AND FONTS: Customize the writing environment. Drafts ships with a selection of color themes, including a "Night" mode. Choose from over a dozen fonts high quality fonts.
- TEXTEXPANDER SUPPORT
- EXTENDED KEYBOARD
- Live word and character counts.
## ABOUT US
We love to hear your feedback and ideas. For news and tips, follow @draftsapp on Twitter/App.net/Facebook, or contact us at [email protected]
- August 23, 2012 Initial release
- September 07, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- September 20, 2012 New version 1.1
- October 01, 2012 New version 1.1.1
- October 13, 2012 New version 1.2
- October 23, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- November 08, 2012 New version 1.2.2
- November 23, 2012 New version 1.2.3
- December 07, 2012 New version 1.2.5
- December 08, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- January 24, 2013 New version 1.5
- February 04, 2013 New version 1.5.2
- February 10, 2013 New version 1.5.3
- February 16, 2013 New version 1.5.4
- February 26, 2013 New version 1.5.5
- March 01, 2013 New version 1.5.6
- March 06, 2013 New version 1.5.7
- April 28, 2013 New version 3.0
- May 01, 2013 New version 3.0.1
- May 06, 2013 New version 3.0.2
- May 07, 2013 New version 3.0.3
- May 20, 2013 New version 3.0.4
- May 29, 2013 New version 3.0.5
- July 03, 2013 New version 3.0.6
- July 12, 2013 New version 3.0.7
- September 19, 2013 New version 3.5
- September 20, 2013 New version 3.5.1
- October 09, 2013 New version 3.5.2
- October 24, 2013 New version 3.5.3
- October 31, 2013 New version 3.5.4
- November 15, 2013 New version 3.5.5
- November 27, 2013 New version 3.5.6
- December 06, 2013 New version 3.5.7
- December 21, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- December 21, 2013 New version 3.5.8
- January 02, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- January 16, 2014 New version 3.5.91
- February 14, 2014 New version 3.5.92
- February 27, 2014 New version 3.5.93
- March 05, 2014 New version 3.5.94
- April 03, 2014 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- April 09, 2014 New version 3.6
- April 24, 2014 New version 3.6.1
- May 02, 2014 New version 3.6.2
- June 02, 2014 New version 3.6.3
- July 30, 2014 New version 3.6.5
- August 11, 2014 New version 3.6.6
- August 27, 2014 New version 3.6.7
- September 11, 2014 New version 3.6.8