What's NewWhats new in v1.1:
IMPORTANT - Due to the sheer volume of this update, we recommend that you backup your plans to Dropbox or Email before updating to the new version.
We have made many improvements based on what users like yourself requested on our support website. Thank you for making this product the success that it is - ranked #2 in Lifestyle is not an easy feat.
This patch is so big, we couldn't include every improvement and bug fixing we've made, but here are the highlights:
* Landscaping Content - Added more than 300 landscaping items, such as trees, ponds, pools, playgrounds, BBQ stands, benches and more.
* European HVAC Units - Coil heaters, towel racks, water heaters and other items that escaped our US brain in v1.0. Apologies and have fun.
* Blind Corner Cabinets - Added blind wall, base and full height corner cabinets (90 degrees no-door cabinets)
* Moldings - improved molding shape and size
* Reflection - Render now supports reflection. Each material has different reflection parameters, based on the material type, like marble, wood, finished wood etc.
* Added finished wood category to wood material. Finished wood will cause a reflection in your render. Regular wood will not.
* Improved dragging and dropping from the shelf to the plan. You should see extreme improvement in how easy it is now to drag items and materials to your plans.
* Blink - Currently selected model blinks.
* Material Blink - When you drag a material, the object under the material will blink.
* Unselect - Tapping a selected object will unselect it.
* Layered Selection - Tap repeatedly to select objects in the same location or inside other objects.
* Added full cabinet version for oven and dishwasher.
* Reduced Size - We've cut the size of the app by half, without losing quality. Should be easier to download, but we still recommend trying to download the app only on high-speed internet.
* Illegal room shape will now blink red in layout screen (such as when you try to crossover two corner points).
* Improved room labels location in layout screen
* When you drag a window from the shelf to the plan, it will now resize itself to fit smaller walls
* Added columns (pillars) and mirrored stairs (reversed left/right)
* When you add multiple rooms to a new plan, they will be organized in a square, rather than in a line as before. The app also takes into consideration which rooms needs to be located next to which room, like kitchen next to dining room and so on.
* Bug fixes - Fixed more than 40 bugs. Thanks again for your help reporting these bugs. Luckily, as many of you have reported on your itunes reviews, the app proved to be very stable already at launch, even when intentionally trying to crash it by overloading it with objects and quickly going between screens hundreds of times repeatedly. The two bugs that did cause the app to crash were found and squashed. A big shout-out to our development team who is working around the clock to ensure your enjoyment is unhindered.
* As always - something bothers you? you really want a specific feature to be considered? maybe we missed an item? Please speak your mind on our helpdesk system at:
We answer tickets within the same business day, and everyone gets the attention he or she deserves. The app may cost less than 10 USD, but our support agents will grant you a million dollar treatment, guaranteed!
Whats new in v1.1.1 and 1.1.2:
Fixed some typos, fixed bug relating to showing new models in the shelf, fixed development tab.
Fixed bug with disappearing doors and windows.
App DescriptionPicked for Top 50 Must Have iPad Apps by TIME Magazine!
Interior Design for iPad is a user-friendly app that gives you the power to take on any interior design project or create any floorplan quickly and easily. With little to no learning curve, you could be designing your new interior in as little as 5 minutes.
Go from drawing your floor plans in 2D to walking through them in vivid, stunning 3D. You can drag and drop objects within your layout and remove walls, alter the shape of rooms, or add onto your layout as simply as tapping the screen. With over 3300 objects and materials included in the app for free, you can customize every surface or piece of furniture in your layout, even installing wood floors by choosing from a selection of real wood grains.
Interior Design for iPad is one of the only mobile apps in the world that supports render, giving you the ability to create an amazing 3D image of your design including shadows and other special effects. The render feature is available on iPad 2 and above.
Once you’ve completed your layout, you can share it with friends, family, or colleagues by exporting it to email, photo album, Dropbox, or your favorite social networking sites.
* See the app in action at www.interior-design-ipad.com
Features and Highlights:
* Drag and Drop of materials in 3D - It’s easy to see how your home would look with new floors added or a wall taken out. You can drag and drop walls, floors, and other materials in real time and instantly see a 3D image of the changes in your layout.
* Built in rendering gives an amazing, lifelike image (iPad 2 and above) - Interior Design for iPad is the world’s first interior design app (yes, world’s first) with built-in rendering capabilities to make the final image more vivid and realistic. The app includes shadows and other effects to render an amazing image in just minutes, and does it without sacrificing user-friendlessness or performance. You can visit our website to check out some of the designs created and rendered at www.interior-design-ipad.com.
* Drag and drop windows and doors - Drag your windows and doors around your 2D layout to find the perfect position for them.
* Walkthrough/Dollhouse mode in 3D - Take a first hand tour of your layout in walkthrough/dollhouse mode, all in stunning, real-time 3D. You can change the height of the camera to explore every angle in your layout. Use gestures or joystick to move through it.
* Over 50 real wooden floors - While other Interior Design apps will only let you add fake, computerized wood textures, Interior Design for iPad has over 50 wooden floors that are a meticulous photograph of the exact type of wood floor they portray. Not only can you see how your floors will really look, you can use the wood textures to create your own wooden objects or replace any existing wood texture.
* Rooms with Unique Shapes - If the layout you’re creating has unique corners or room features, Interior Design for iPad will help you create the layout precisely no matter how sharp the corners. You can move any wall to the exact position you need.
* Undo/Redo - Whether you are working in Layout, Interior, or 3D mode, you can undo or redo your last actions on your current screen with a simple tap of your finger.
* Stunning real-time 3D - Take a walk through your layout and explore your design in stunning, real-time 3D. Your tour will include amazing furnishings, high quality materials, and perfect lighting to give you a real-life view of your layout.
September 28, 2013 New version 1.1.6
September 26, 2013 New version 1.1.5
March 30, 2013 New version 1.1.2
March 12, 2013 New version 1.1.1
March 01, 2013 New version 1.1
November 28, 2012 Initial Release