What's New• new certificate screen added;
• visual adjustment for iOS7;
App Description***"This iPad app wants to teach children about financial basics, without making it dry and boring. A tall order, but Goldstar Savings Bank may just have nailed it" Stuart Dredge - The Guardian***
***"GoldStar Savings Bank offers a unique and innovative way to help young children take the vital first step towards developing a lifelong savings habit" Susan Hannums - SavingsChampion.co.uk***
***Appsters Awards 2012 - Shortlisted Best Start Up App 2012***
Teaching children the importance of saving & the value of money. Fun & creative it challenges kids to use & develop their soft skills with creative activities. The Goldstar Savings Bank App helps you to teach your children how to 'Plan to Save'.
FINANCIAL LITERACY FOR YOUR KIDS
Goldstar Savings Bank is an innovative app that gives kids, aged from 4 to 9, an understanding and appreciation of earning and saving money based on a creative reward approach. Motivate your children to save for the latest must-have, or a little treat. They’ll be eager to do their homework and help around the house too!
• Multiple children
• Star Bank has ability to try different financial strategies
• 5 levels of saver to unlock from ‘Mini Money Maker’ to ‘Super Saver’
• In-app encouragement messages to keep kids motivated
• Journal feature with photos for ‘Show and Tell’ or publishing on our website!
• User definable tasks and activities, with lots of ideas from our website
• Target your child’s effort towards groups of tasks – School, Home and Leisure
• Teaches children how to budget for themselves
How it works
Kids set up a savings goal and break this down into manageable tasks and activities that you set a monetary value against. Using the ‘Star Bank’ your children can explore and experiment with lots of different ideas and strategies to reach their savings goal over the time set.
Focus your child’s attention on a particular set of skills with tasks grouped into Home, School and Leisure activities. Want them to help around the house more? You can add more ‘Home’ group tasks to their schedule. We’re sure you’ll have lots of fun and debate with your kids about this!
As the tasks are completed, Gold Stars are earned which fill the ‘Star Bank’. When all the tasks are complete the goal is earned! You can then click through to a partner retailer to buy the item too completing your kid’s achievement.
Journal their Journey
There is a ‘Journal’ feature where your kids can practice their writing and creativity. They can put their saving and learning experience into words and photos. It’s a great way to produce a ‘Show and Tell’ for their Grandparents, or for their school project. Or, if you’d like to publish their work, you can email it to us for posting on our website.
Form Good Habits Early
Goldstar Savings Bank is all about learning and practising the important core financial life skills that will help your child start forming good habits. It’s fun and engaging, and it’s designed to be used every day to practice the life skills that you have prioritised as a parent. They will be able to absorb so many other important life skills too along the way to their financial awareness.
• Teach financial life skills - planning and budgeting
• Promotes creative learning and development
• Encourage creativity and thoughtfulness
• Motivates joint parent/child working to plan and achieve goals
• Inspires creative problem solving
• Learn the principles of effort and reward
• Discover strengths and weaknesses
• Practise time management skills
• Learn about delayed gratification
• Sense of achievement
• Sense of responsibility
November 06, 2013 New version 1.2
December 28, 2012 New version 1.1
October 03, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
August 10, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
July 10, 2012 Initial Release