Updated loading options.
Modified Mission background Music.
Added Space Centre screen
Spacewalking for iPhone and iPod touch 3rd gen and above.
Appadvice: "The level of detail and realism is extraordinary, and you won't find anything else like it on the App Store"
Toucharcade: "I'm going home, There is the Moon, There is North America, Let's aim for South Carolina and hope for the best"
Pocketgamer: "Astronaut: Spacewalk is described as "a highly realistic astronaut jetpack simulator" which, let's be honest, sounds cool as hell."
iFanzine: "There’s no doubting that Astronaut: Spacewalk is one of the most difficult iOS games to get into, but once you survive the learning phase, you might be surprised at how hooked you are."
Modojo: "Astronaut simulator takes players to final frontier"
Slidetoplay: "Maybe the realistic-looking iOS simulator Astronaut: SpaceWalk will help inspire tomorrow's private-sector astronauts."
Playscifi: "I’d like you all to know that I think it’s a wonderfully authentic game (real spacewalkers may beg to differ), one that is as much as simulation of orbital space manoeuvring as it is a casual zero-gravity obstacle course."
The-app-shack: "Astronaut Spacewalk is really less of a game, and more of a challenging experience."
Astronaut Spacewalk is a highly realistic astronaut jetpack simulator. Fly the Manned Manouvering Unit from the Space Shuttle cargo bay to several satellites, align into position to make repairs and dock back into the Shuttle.
Fly the jetpack in 20 daring missions where you have to rendezvous with different satellites from the smaller TDRS and Solar Maximum, medium sized like the Magellan and Galileo probes, to the big Skylab, Hubble telescope and russian MIR station.
Up for a Challenge?
Pretty to look at but difficult to master. Flying in space is not like flying a plane. A small wrong movement can send you in a collision path and the stress of how to quickly recover while keeping the valuable electricity and fuel resources.
Challenge yourself to master Inertial Flight in space where there is no up or down and there is nowhere to hang on to if you loose control.
The difference between life and death is the oxygen in your suit and the nitrogen in your jetpack.
It might be beautiful but who said that floating in space was easy?
- For a better experience read the "Operation Manual"
- Note that the control buttons are not the crosses. The buttons are the empty spaces between the crosses.
- July 04, 2012 Initial release
- August 04, 2012 New version 1.1
- August 26, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- August 27, 2012 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- January 24, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- October 31, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- November 01, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- November 30, 2013 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 03, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- February 21, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- February 24, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- February 28, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99