whirrld is now faster, slicker and smoother with improvements to app stability, data handling and Social Media interaction.
whirrld displays the most socially relevant content from around the world beautifully. Navigate the interactive globe and maps to discover top content from the locations that interest you the most.
Filter content by:
* Social media posts - see the latest posts to your social media accounts spread across the globe
* Twitter trends - the top trending tweets from Twitter
* News - the most shared news articles from around the world
* Videos - the most popular YouTube videos
* Photos - the most popular Flickr photos
* Music - the most downloaded singles and albums on iTunes
* Film - the most downloaded films on iTunes
* Apps - the most downloaded apps on iTunes
* Books - the most downloaded books on iTunes
•Create your own locations
•See the top content in your current location
•View social networks
•View content from a range of categories
•View content for your custom location
•See amazing photos and videos in full screen
•Preview the top content from iTunes around the world
•Go straight to the source to uncover more information about news articles
Tap or pinch zoom any location on the globe to zoom in to access more content spread across an easy to navigate map. Tap a content bubble to jump in to the content for the location you are interested in and receive more information and content.
Interested in a location not pinned on the map? Drop your own pin and name it how you like enabling you to keep fully up to date with locations and people important to you.
Keep track of world events with special featured locations be they sporting events, political milestones, musical moments or trending topics, whirrld will have it covered.
12+ Rating – It is advised that whirrld be only used by those over 12 due to access to news sources and YouTube videos that may be deemed offensive.
Its your whirrld, tell us what you want. If whirrld is not doing something you want it to do or there are news feeds and content you would like to see included, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
Follow us on Facebook here: www.facebook.com/Whirld
Follow us on Twitter here: www.twitter.com/whirrld
Visit our website here: www.whirrld.com
- October 29, 2012 Initial release