- new updated flat & light user interface
- iPhone5 support
- search films by title
- quick selection of films from previous years
- integrated native Twitter and Facebook sharing
- automated quick check for new film content
- downloads with progress bar
- bulk mark new films as "viewed"
- new content for 2013 and ongoing
- curated by FilmOneFest volunteer staff
- submitted by short film and video creators world wide
- push notifications
- various UI behavior inconsistencies
PLEASE NOTE THAT 2014 FILMS ARE AVAILABLE ON A NEW APP.
We've launched the 2014 version of FilmOneFest in a brand new magazine format. Please search for and download the "PolyContent" App and open the FilmOneFest newsreader for 2014 films, awards, and movie maker news. Previous years are still available here:
"One Minute Films" - shorts that are one minute long
Before Vine, we thought a video of one minute was crazy short. Well things change. 60 seconds is ten times longer than a 6-second Vine. Extraordinary award-winning quality videos can be done in 60 seconds. In FilmOneFest App, you'll see more than 170 such films - pertaining to all kinds of subject matter and in all genres.
Many, many talented film makers' creative work is here to be enjoyed. The artists come from all over the world. In a minute, you'll experience an emotional response of some kind: you'll laugh, you'll tear up, you'll be puzzled, you'll be amazed, you'll wonder, you'll smile, you'll be shocked, annoyed and transported someplace else. That's what movies do.
FilmOneFest is a real-live, out-door, under-the-stars film festival showing one-minute films from all over the world. It takes place annually on the third Saturday night of July in Atlantic Highlands, NJ, USA . FilmOneFest is now in its fifth year.
The first FilmOneFest app was created three years ago to help share such talent across the world. In this App, you'll see three years of films, 2011, 2012 and 2013 with the Awards for each year. New one-minute videos are added throughout the year in the category "On our Radar". We also take submissions year round via the app.
- 170 one-minute films from artists from all around the world, categorized by year and award
- Interviews with selected artists about their passions and inspirations
- Search feature for film makers
- Save videos to your favorites
- Meet the esteemed selection panel to learn their criteria for award nominations
- Find out how to submit your own work for future FilmOneFest festivals
- Check out what's on our radar in the short-short film world
- Social media links to let friends know what you think about each film by linking to and commenting on your social media pages from within the app
- Communicate directly with film makers via social media and email
- Vertical and horizontal orientation support
Visit the app often, because we’ll be adding one-minute films throughout the year in preparation for next year’s event. And, remember, if you are a film maker or know one, you can apply to submit to FilmOneFest from within this app.
- June 10, 2014 Initial release