Now you can receive a notification when sea conditions deteriorate. You can choose the areas of your interest and the activation threshold on sea and wind scales.
Wind & Sea Med is the APP that allows you to always have the famous LAMMA weather forecasts for sea and wind in the Mediterranean at your fingertips.
The point of force is its ease of use and consultation with accurate and detailed maps, but at the same time very intuitive, thanks to the choice of the color scale made by the LaMMA consortium.
- Wave Height
- Wave Period
- Wind at 10m
- Wind Gust
- Sea Temperature (weekly forecast)
- Western Mediterranian
- Eastern Mediterranian
- Ligurian Sea and Northern Tyrrhenian Sea
- Southern Tyrrhenian Sea
- Ionian Sea
- Northern Adriatic Sea
- Southern Adriatic Sea
- Tuscan Archipelago
- Strait of Bonifacio
- Pontines Islands
- Aeolian Islands
- Istrian Peninsula
- Tremiti Islands and Gargano
- French Riviera
- Gulf of Genoa
- Gulf of Taranto
- Sardinia Sea
- Balearic Islands
- Alboran Sea
- Gulf of Lion
- Sardinia Channel
- Tunisia and Libye
- Gulf of Sidra
- Central Mediterranean
- Greek Islands
- South Crete
- Cyprus and Lebanon
- Save the forecasts to display the maps even in case of lack of signal. The saved maps can be used only for the period of validity of the forecast and only if there is no signal.
- Maps animation to control evolution of forecasts of next days.
- View of 2 maps simultaneously in portrait mode.
- View of 4 maps simultaneously in landscape mode.
- Zoom on a single map in landscape mode.
- On startup, displays the map at the current time.
- Legend of used scale for sea state, wind, rainfall and cloud cover.
- Share maps on Facebook, Twitter or by email, save maps to the Camera Roll.
Available in english, italian, french, german, spanish, catalan and also in slovenian (Sporočite nam v slovenščini na: [email protected] in bomo popraviti), croatian (Prijavite greške u hrvatskom jeziku na: [email protected], a mi ćemo ispraviti) and turkish (Türkçe dil hataları rapor: [email protected] ve biz düzeltiriz).
The forecast are updated twice a day.
FOR ANY PROBLEM DON'T HESITATE TO WRITE TO EMAIL ADDRESS OF REFERENCE
- June 15, 2014 Initial release
- February 17, 2015 New version 2.0
- May 06, 2015 New version 2.1
- July 03, 2016 New version 2.2
- November 16, 2016 New version 3.0