Moneydance 2017 is available now, packed with improvements that make managing your money easier and faster. As usual Moneydance has fantastic support for online banking & bill payment, credit card & bank account management, budgeting, investing, mobile app syncing and more. This version brings big improvements including the following highlights:
- Sync your files seamlessly and efficiently across computers and mobile devices using our fully encrypted incremental syncing engine. Moneydance can now use any shared folder (such as Dropbox) to quickly sync your financial data conflict-free, using end-to-end encryption to maintain your privacy.
- Style! Choose from multiple beautiful colour schemes or create your own to customise the look of Moneydance. Want a dark mode, natural colours, or extra high contrast? Use one of the built-in themes or customise them to match your decor with just a few clicks.
- Python! Moneydance now has integrated support for Python scripts that you can use to manipulate your data and perform custom calculations or actions. Use our built-in script editor to run simple scripts on your data, or build your own extensions to Moneydance. Python is a widely used, high-level programming language that is powerful enough for experts but also easy enough for programming novices.
- A major (but not new) feature is our absolute defense of your privacy. All of your data stays on your computer, encrypted and completely under your control. If you enable syncing then your data is communicated over a medium that you choose (either Dropbox, or a shared folder of your choice). All synced data is fully end-to-end encrypted, which means that even Dropbox (or your chosen shared file service) cannot decrypt and access the data. Unlike most other financial software, Moneydance never uploads your online banking password to anyone but your bank. If online banking privacy and security is a concern, we’ve stated our policies and consider the privacy of your financial data an enormous responsibility. Basically, we think of Moneydance as the Duck Duck Go of personal finance software.
Moneydance 2017 also includes many more small improvements and bug fixes that will make managing your finances not just easier but fun! An exhaustive list of those changes are included on our blog.
Moneydance is a complete personal financial management application that includes features such as online banking, online bill payment, investment management, budget tracking, scheduled transactions, check printing, detailed graphs, reports and much more.
∞ HOME PAGE
This is an overview of your finances. The information shown includes account balances, upcoming and overdue transactions and reminders, and exchange rate information. Clicking on an account or choosing an account from the drop-down account list will take you to the register for that account, where you can enter transactions or reconcile the account against a statement. Clicking on a transaction reminder will display a window where you can automatically record the transaction.
∞ ONLINE BANKING
Moneydance can automatically download transactions and send payments online from hundreds of financial institutions. It learns how to categorize and clean up downloaded transactions. Send online payments, for banks that support them, directly from scheduled transaction notifications. View the full list of supported direct-download banks at http://moneydance.com/fi Please note that some banks charge a monthly fee for download and bill payment services.
∞ ACCOUNT REGISTERS
The account register is used to enter, edit, and delete transactions in an account. It is visually similar to a paper checkbook register, but the calculation of balances and sorting of transactions is all done automatically. The payee auto-complete feature makes it easier to enter and categorize your transactions.
Follow your investments and bring your portfolio into focus with support for stocks, bonds, CDs, mutual funds, and more. View the total value of your investment accounts or the performance of individual stocks and mutual funds over time. Stock splits and cost basis computations are a snap, and current prices can be downloaded automatically.
You can set up a payment schedule for single or recurring transactions so you'll never miss a payment.
Use the graphing tool to generate visual reports of your income and expenses. Set the graph type, the date range, and any specific settings for the type of graph you desire. Pop-up balloons display more information about the data being graphed as you move the mouse pointer over different regions of the screen. Graphs can also be printed or saved to PNG image files.
Set spending targets for categories per month, week or any other interval. View your up-to-the-minute budget status right in the toolbar, on the home page or in detailed graphs and reports. Use the highly acclaimed "envelope method" to specify expenses for each period and your to-the-minute status is shown with over-budget items highlighted. Moneydance will help you set a target and stick to it!
Enable file syncing to share or collaborate on a data file across multiple computers. Whether sharing with your partner or accountant, syncing your data will provide secure efficient access to your accounts from any computer.
∞ NATURAL LANGUAGE TRANSACTION ENTRY
Start typing a transaction description into the search field and Moneydance will intelligently fill in the details based on natural language date parsing and your history. For example, typing "1.23 sta" will display a transaction entry panel with the name Starbucks, category "Coffee", today’s date under the last account to have a transaction for Starbucks. The description, category and account are filled in based on your history.
Attach images, PDFs, and other such files to transactions by dragging the file into the register. Clicking an attachment thumbnail will open it in an appropriate application.
When you're on the go, you can use the Moneydance mobile app to enter or edit transactions and view balances. Changes are synced instantly and securely with your desktop. Available for free in the app store for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- June 11, 2014 Initial release
- August 15, 2014 New version 14.5
- September 13, 2015 New version 2015.5
- October 04, 2015 New version 2015.6
- March 20, 2016 New version 2015.7
- November 19, 2016 New version 2017.1