If you'd like some light bedtime reading, here is the exhaustive list of improvements in this update:
* Add menu item for restoring backups
* Make transaction details popup moveable
* Additional data integrity validation when opening a data file
* Fix currency display in budget view
* Fix how 'replace' correction actions are handled in downloaded transactions (applies to Schwab and Bank of America downloads)
* Show last 4 digits of payee number in payee selection list, if there is more than one payee with the same name
* Fix running total amount in total row on Transactions report
* Sort by date and category when subtotaling by category in txn filter report
* Fix date sorting on transactions filter report when subtotaling by account or category
* Fixed bug in which editing the 'other side' of a transaction places the original description into the memo of the other (split) side of the transaction
* Fixed bug in which undo-ing a change causes a duplicate of the changed transaction to appear in the register until a restart
* Change wording on encryption menu item to focus more on password setting and saving
* Fix bug that caused dropbox/mobile syncing to not stop when it was disabled
* Graph/report name selector dropdown on memorize dialog now correctly shows list of graphs or reports
* Improve splits and currency/security history re-ordering
* Add same line memos option to various reports
* Fix account and category subtotaling in Transaction filter report
* Fix import of group-by option on cash flow report when upgrading from 2014 files
* Update security certificates
* When memorizing graphs and reports, text now matches the type
* Fix handling of DivReinvest txns in lot matching window
* Missing checks report now flags duplicate check numbers
* Fix default category selection in payment pane and transaction reminder windows
* Rename "clear" button on security history window to "clear all"
* Add confirmation dialog when clearing security/currency price history snapshots
* Fixed delay in recalculating cost basis in the portfolio panel when an investment account is updated
* Prevent deleted budgets from re-appearing
* Automatically refresh online banking service connection info older than 4 days
* Online banking Refresh button now forces a service update, instead of just a profile update
* Now accept drag-and-drop of moneydance and MoneydanceArchive data files to open
* Tags field now gets focus properly in batch change window.
* Category popup in investment registers will now only show the security name
* Category field now gets focus when opening batch change->category dialog
* Income and Expenses reports subtotaled by period will now total and convert any inter-currency amounts as of the last date in the period rather than the current date
* Save size and location of various windows
* Fix cost basis in portfolio report
* The register tab is now correctly highlighted when opening the register by selecting a transaction in the security detail view
* When deleting transactions, the warning now tells you how many transactions you are about to delete
* Fix security sorting in the account selector of various reports. Securities are now properly sorted under the parent investment account.
* Fix warning when deleting cleared transactions
* Fix layout problem when "too many accounts to show" label is used on the summary screen
* Updated localisations
* Fix average cost basis calculation on Capital Gains report
* Fix ROI number reported on investment performance report.
* Restored (and improved) transaction highlighting when pressing the alt key while the mouse cursor is over a transaction in a bank register
* Fix bug that was causing reminder transactions to not load address book entries properly
* Fix check selection window to allow checks to be selected for printing
* If in the UK, take advantage of local settings such as the first day of the week
Moneydance is a complete personal financial management application that includes features such as online banking, online bill payment, investment management, budget tracking, scheduled transactions, check printing, detailed graphs, reports and much more.
∞ HOME PAGE
This is an overview of your finances. The information shown includes account balances, upcoming and overdue transactions and reminders, and exchange rate information. Clicking on an account or choosing an account from the drop-down account list will take you to the register for that account, where you can enter transactions or reconcile the account against a statement. Clicking on a transaction reminder will display a window where you can automatically record the transaction.
∞ ONLINE BANKING
Moneydance can automatically download transactions and send payments online from hundreds of financial institutions. It learns how to categorize and clean up downloaded transactions. Send online payments, for banks that support them, directly from scheduled transaction notifications. View the full list of supported direct-download banks at http://moneydance.com/fi Please note that some banks charge a monthly fee for download and bill payment services.
∞ ACCOUNT REGISTERS
The account register is used to enter, edit, and delete transactions in an account. It is visually similar to a paper checkbook register, but the calculation of balances and sorting of transactions is all done automatically. The payee auto-complete feature makes it easier to enter and categorize your transactions.
Follow your investments and bring your portfolio into focus with support for stocks, bonds, CDs, mutual funds, and more. View the total value of your investment accounts or the performance of individual stocks and mutual funds over time. Stock splits and cost basis computations are a snap, and current prices can be downloaded automatically.
You can set up a payment schedule for single or recurring transactions so you'll never miss a payment.
Use the graphing tool to generate visual reports of your income and expenses. Set the graph type, the date range, and any specific settings for the type of graph you desire. Pop-up balloons display more information about the data being graphed as you move the mouse pointer over different regions of the screen. Graphs can also be printed or saved to PNG image files.
Set spending targets for categories per month, week or any other interval. View your up-to-the-minute budget status right in the toolbar, on the home page or in detailed graphs and reports. Use the highly acclaimed "envelope method" to specify expenses for each period and your to-the-minute status is shown with over-budget items highlighted. Moneydance will help you set a target and stick to it!
∞ NATURAL LANGUAGE TRANSACTION ENTRY
Start typing a transaction description into the search field and Moneydance will intelligently fill in the details based on natural language date parsing and your history. For example, typing "1.23 sta" will display a transaction entry panel with the name Starbucks, category "Coffee", today’s date under the last account to have a transaction for Starbucks. The description, category and account are filled in based on your history. Confirm and record the suggested transaction with a single click or use the suggested interpretation as a starting point to edit the new transaction.
Attach images, PDFs, and other such files to transactions by dragging the file onto a transaction. Thumbnail versions of graphical attachments are shown inline in the register. Clicking an attachment thumbnail will open it in an appropriate application.
When you're on the go, you can use the Moneydance mobile app to enter or edit transactions and view balances. Changes are synced instantly and securely with your desktop. Available for free in the app store for your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- June 11, 2014 Initial release
- August 15, 2014 New version 14.5
- September 13, 2015 New version 2015.5
- October 04, 2015 New version 2015.6