What's NewBug fixes and performance improvements
App DescriptionInstant business card recognition right on the iPad 3 and 4! Import contact information from a business card directly to your iPad address book. Easy integration with existing CRM systems. Native LinkedIn integration: contact creation, contact information, picture import and convenient LinkedIn search.
★If you're a mobile networker, this is an app you'll definitely like.★
★Business Card Reader is way better than the alternative. It's not free, but it'll easily pay for itself after your next new business card.★
★The best text scanning app yet.★
Business Card Reader is an excellent tool for business people, exhibitors at trade shows, expo attendees and sales staff -- anyone who networks regularly!
No need to manually enter contact information -- Business Card Reader provides a time and cost-efficient way to enter and organize important contacts.
Recognizes business cards in English, French, German, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Business Card Reader takes a picture of a business card, 'reads' it using text recognition technology and automatically fills in appropriate contact information fields in iOS address book, which can be easily checked and corrected.
✓ Accurate recognition of business cards with multi-language support
✓ Smart contact field filling: emails, phone numbers, websites
✓ Optional integration with existing CRM systems
✓ LinkedIn support: search, contact adding, import of info and photo
✓ Business Card Holder allows you to search and sort contacts, e-mail and call contacts directly.
✓ Anti-shake image capture
HOW TO GET GOOD RECOGNITION RESULTS
1. Place the business card on a flat surface.
2. Good lighting is key: bright desk lamp or direct sunlight are necessary.
3. Make sure the camera is focused on the business card.
4. Hold the device right above the card. Keep the card aligned with BCR viewfinder edges and adjust iPad positioning so that the card fits the screen size.
5. Tap the screen to take the picture.
6. After the recognition is done, you can check the results.
7. Tap Save to add the contact into your iOS address book.
INTEGRATION WITH EXISTING CRM SYSTEMS HOW-TO GUIDE:
• iOS 4 and later
• Works best on the iPad 3 and 4
• On original iPad and iPad 2 the app can be used to recognize business cards from images saved in the photo library or imported from LinkedIn.
March 20, 2013 Price Decrease: $6.99 -> $4.99
February 14, 2013 New version 2.2.6
February 13, 2013 New version 2.2.3
February 13, 2013 New version 2.2.6
July 10, 2012 Initial Release