What's NewBug fixes
App DescriptionAs seen on: MSNBC, Wired, Mashable, USA Today, The Next Web, Netted by the Webbys, LifeHacker, The Verge & more...
Do you know how many apps and services have permission to access your private info? What about often those services access your data? Use MyPermissions to find out and regain control of your privacy!
MyPermissions is a free, powerful way to scan, track and control how applications access your personal information online. Know what apps you’ve connected to on Facebook, Twitter, Google, Instagram and more are accessing what data - and approve, remove or report them.
* Automatically scan your major online accounts to see what apps have access to your personal data
* Filter through your apps based on permission types
* Clear your apps' permissions in one click
* 24/7 Protection - get alerts when apps gain access to your private info, and confirm your authorization or revoke permissions immediately
* Stay worry-free knowing that MyPermissions doesn't retain any of your personal data -- all of your information stays within your accounts!
***** WHAT IS MYPERMISSIONS? *****
- MyPermissions is a watchdog for your cloud accounts. We protect users from unknowingly sharing photos, documents, locations, contacts, emails, or any other sensitive information, and we give them their control back by making it easy for them to approve or revoke what apps access their data, and how.
- We cover several platforms including:
* and more!
MSNBC: "finds and fixes all your privacy settings"
Mashable: "Have 2 Minutes? Check Out Who Has Access to Your Social Media Accounts"
USA Today: "See what programs and services can borrow your keys [...] and think carefully and skeptically to decide if they still deserve that privilege."
Wired: "Finding the permissions pages can be tricky, but the nice folks at My Permissions made a handy dashboard linking to every one"
***** HOW DOES IT WORK? *****
- Simply download our extension or app for your favorite browser or Android/iOS device, and select the accounts you'd like to scan. We'll take care of the rest by scanning your account for external connections and give you a report on what apps or webpages have permissions to do what kind of activities.
- Need to enter your credentials? No worries! We don't use, collect, or store ANY of your personal data (we promise!) -- we'll direct you to the account's home website and you'll enter your information into their server
January 29, 2014 New version 1.7.0
November 08, 2013 New version 1.5.6
October 24, 2013 New version 1.5.5
October 19, 2013 New version 1.5.4
October 18, 2013 New version 1.5.3
July 27, 2013 New version 1.1.0
June 19, 2012 Initial Release