Bug fixes for devices running iOS 10.
What is the name of the mountain you can see in the distance? What are the lakes you see in front of you? Point there with In Sight Switzerland and you'll see on the screen what they are called.
"App of the Week" in Norway's largest newspaper Aftenposten on May 12th, 2012: "It's as simple as it is brilliant!"
* Offline Augmented Reality in Switzerland *
See what's near you where you travel in Switzerland: Mountains, Lakes, Places, Buildings, etc. You don't even have to be nearby Switzerland: You can manually set your location to a place in Switzerland to pretend you are there. Decide if you want to see places nearby, or famous cities around the world.
Works everywhere: By the sea, in the mountains, in the city. Without the internet, without coverage.
Turn the phone sideways to view on the camera screen the places that are nearby. Take a picture of what you see, and send it by email, or post it on facebook or twitter, directly from the App!
You can also add your own places!
In Sight Switzerland is also an altimeter, speedometer and also estimates the distance you've traveled. Choose between metric (km, meter) or imperial (miles, feet) units.
All data is built into the App, so you don't need internet. You only need internet when you use the map or send a picture on email or post it on facebook and twitter.
Select between the following map types: Standard, Satellite and Hybrid.
In Sight Switzerland relies on the compass and GPS of your device. Best results are achieved if you are outside.
The facebook integration requires iOS 6 or later. Select settings on the home screen, and look for the facebook icon.
The twitter integration requires iOS 6 or later. Select settings on the home screen, and look for the Twitter icon.
Note: If your device don't have a built-in compass, you cannot see the places as camera overlays (3rd generation iPod touch, iPhone 3G or older models). You can still see the places in lists and on the map.
Source: ws.geonames.org under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)
- June 26, 2012 Initial release
- September 02, 2012 New version 1.1
- November 22, 2012 New version 1.1.1
- March 26, 2013 New version 1.2
- May 17, 2013 New version 1.2.1
- July 01, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- October 08, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- April 12, 2014 New version 1.3
- December 06, 2014 New version 1.4
- December 06, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- December 07, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- August 11, 2015 New version 2.0
- October 21, 2015 New version 2.0.1
- November 03, 2015 New version 2.0.2
- December 05, 2015 New version 2.1
- November 07, 2016 New version 2.1.1