What's new in version 1.2
→ Lot's of bug fixes
→ Performance improvement
→ Fader Behavior Enhancements
- GOTO 'X' Behavior: The READ Mode let you read the value from the target Object and assign the value to the current Object
- GOTO 'X' Behavior: The RANDOM Mode assign randomly a value to the current object
→ Circle, Line and Polygon Behavior Enhancements
- VELOCITY Behavior: The READ Mode let you read the value from the target Object and assign the value to the current Object
BEATSURFING - THE ORGANIC MIDI CONTROLLER BUILDER
It allows you to draw a 3-dimensional controller and use it in two different and complementary ways. You can tap it like you would with your regular MPC or any other beatmaking device, but the best and most innovative use you can make of it is definitely by surfing your fingers along routes, colliding with objects, triggering samples or effects. It’s all about movement, and bringing back this intuitive way to make music.
It can control any MIDI-enabled device (Software, Hardware, or even selected iPad apps through Virtual MIDI), features a very intuitive in-app editing system and integrates seemlessly in any existing Studio or Live setup.
Objects Behaviours can be set to link objects together and multiply the available commands on the surface of the iPad.
→ Draw your own controller
Work with the Controller you need, not the one you were given. Simply draw it on the screen with lines, polygons, circles and faders. Size, color, orientation and 3-Dimensional location are all yours to choose.
Use the full potential of the iPad touchscreen: You can tap on the screen, but you better add the Surfing to your production and performance skills to integrate more of that human feel in your music.
→ Link any MIDI device
Dj, VJ, Production softwares, Hardware devices, and even selected iPad apps: you can route BEATSURFING to anything that allows for MIDI.
→ Objects Behaviours
Each object of your controller can be set to control the others. It creates a system of objects that allow you to add much more to a controller than what meets the eye.
→ Intuitive In-App editing
Forget about separated editing software, lenghty changes and whatnot. You can swap between the EDIT and PLAY modes at the tap of a finger. All your objects even remain playable when they’re be re-arranged!
- June 20, 2012 Initial release
- October 04, 2012 Price decrease: $11.99 -> $0.99
- October 06, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $11.99
- May 15, 2013 New version 1.1
- August 31, 2013 New version 1.2