iOS 7 compatibility
Bug fixes and other improvements
-- The Modern Comprehensive Chinese Dictionary is now available for the first time ever as an app for the iPhone and iPod touch! --
With this app, you can search the Modern Comprehensive Chinese Dictionary, the largest Chinese-Chinese dictionary out there, in its entirety. This compact yet extensive dictionary contains 15,000 entries, 100,000 phrases, and a total of 8.5 million characters. This is your handy Chinese language reference tool that you can take anywhere.
-- Look up words offline anywhere, anytime! --
Even while offline, you can look up everything that the massive, info-packed Modern Comprehensive Chinese Dictionary from Shanghai Lexicographical Publishing House has to offer—anywhere, anytime.
-- Offering you a simple, user-friendly interface! --
We designed this app to give it a simple and user-friendly interface. Two ways we did this was by optimizing the screen size for the iPhone and iPod touch and designing a pleasant color scheme for the definition screen. The definition screen shows the word being looked up, its definition, the Pinyin reading, usage and quotations from classical works of Chinese literature.
-- Look up faster with incremental search! --
When you enter a search term, the Incremental Search feature speeds up the process by narrowing down results according to the Pinyin reading or hanzi you input.
-- Don't quite remember that hanzi? Just try tracing it! --
Our app allows you to search by hanzi as well as Pinyin readings. In addition to built-in Pinyin and hanzi stroke recognition, the iPhone and iPod touch also allow you to input hanzi by tracing them on the touchscreen. This lets you search for a hanzi even if you can't completely remember it.
-- Three search methods give you flexible options! --
Our dictionary app comes with three search options: Left Side Match, Right Side Match and Partial Match. If you're looking for 色, configure the setting according to whether you're looking for a term that begins with, ends with or just includes that hanzi. These advanced search options provide you with a powerful study tool.
-- Maximize this resource with the definition screen's Search Again feature! --
Is there a word on the definition screen you don't know? Use the Search Again feature by selecting the word and tapping the Search button. Gain a deeper understanding of the Chinese language with a smooth interface you'll never get from a paper dictionary.
-- Get more info with the Web Search feature! --
After you enter a search term, tap the Web Search button to access Yahoo, Google and Wikipedia. Use the Web Search feature as a tool to get even more information about Chinese after browsing our dictionary.
* The Web Search feature requires a mobile (3G), Wi-Fi or other internet connection.
-- Favorites and Search History features offer added convenience! --
When learning a foreign language, students often look up common words and terms they have checked before. Access them quickly by using the Favorites and Search History features.
* Copyright info:
Modern Comprehensive Chinese Dictionary
CopyrightⒸ 2007, Shanghai Lexicographical Publishing House
- February 01, 2014 New version 1.2
- December 26, 2013 Price increase: $9.99 -> $13.99
- December 19, 2013 Price decrease: $13.99 -> $9.99
- November 28, 2013 Price increase: $9.99 -> $13.99
- November 22, 2013 Price decrease: $13.99 -> $9.99
- September 04, 2013 New version 1.1.5
- August 31, 2013 Price increase: $8.99 -> $13.99
- August 24, 2013 Price decrease: $13.99 -> $8.99
- July 12, 2013 Price increase: $8.99 -> $13.99
- July 05, 2013 Price decrease: $13.99 -> $8.99
- May 08, 2013 Price increase: $8.99 -> $13.99
- May 01, 2013 Price decrease: $13.99 -> $8.99
- March 16, 2013 Price increase: $8.99 -> $13.99
- March 13, 2013 Price decrease: $13.99 -> $8.99
- February 16, 2013 Price increase: $8.99 -> $13.99
- February 09, 2013 Price decrease: $13.99 -> $8.99
- December 12, 2012 New version 1.1.3
- November 22, 2012 New version 1.1
- October 10, 2012 New version 1.0.9
- August 15, 2012 New version 1.0.5
- August 11, 2012 Price increase: $8.99 -> $13.99
- August 05, 2012 Price decrease: $13.99 -> $8.99
- August 03, 2012 New version 1.0.3
- July 10, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- June 15, 2012 Initial release