The essence of Coach.me is to reimagine productivity by placing a coach with you at all times. This release takes two enormous steps in that direction.
* We’ve placed the best features of Coach.me onto the Apple Watch.
* We’ve upgraded Coach.me so that you never lose a chance to record your progress. If you're offline, we'll save every record of your progress until you're back online. In other words, we’ve added one of our most requested features: offline check-in.
Coaching provides steroids for your productivity. It’s an opportunity for you to augment your motivation and expertise.
Coaching is almost illicit in it’s power. And it’s the top performers in the world, people who will do anything to achieve their goals, who are most likely to work with a coach.
Steve Jobs had a coach. The Williams sisters, Tiger Woods and Mozart had great coaching from birth: their father. Tom Brady has a team of coaches provided by the Patriots and then another team of coaches he hired on his own to watch over his diet, recovery, flexibility, strength, and psychology.
In coaching, more is better.
Originally, coaching was something you did in person, once per week.
Then we built the first version of Coach.me for the web. This was coaching for when you’re at your desk.
We built the second version of Coach.me for your phone. This is coaching that was always with you, but not always visible.
Today's version of Coach.me achieves something that’s never been done before: a coach, that’s always on, always available, always visible.
This release is the most coaching, and therefore the biggest augmentation of productivity, that’s ever been available.
We’ve realized a dream today and I want to walk you through how Coach.me works on the new Apple Watch.
*** Glances ***
The first place you’ll see your goals are on the Glance feature of Apple Watch. This lets you see “at-a-glance” what your next goal for the day is.
We’ve left all of the managing of your goals for the Coach.me iPhone app. That’s where you can go to order your goals in the order you want to do them each day.
Once you’ve created a roadmap for your day, we’ll use Glances to always show you your next action. You’ll check in to that goal and then the Glance will update to show you the goal after that one.
One more thing, we’ve added “Not today” to the Apple Watch version of Coach.me. Just long press on the check-in screen.
*** Smart Notifications ***
In habit design we sometimes talk about triggering and anchoring.
Triggering is about making sure you never forget. Anchoring is about making a goal automatic.
Imagine a reminder to Set Priorities comes in at 8:35am, just as you’ve sat down at your desk. This triggers you to stop browsing emails and take action. Eventually this action becomes a habit, automatically anchored to your Coach.me reminder.
This triggering and prompting works the exact same way with a coach, with the added benefit of getting personalized instructions.
These notifications are incredibly powerful pieces of your productivity gains.
And now they’re even more powerful.
Messages from your coach and reminders will both show up on the Apple Watch. This means you’ll see them immediately without having to dig into your pocket.
The really cool part is that we’ve added the ability to record your progress directly from the notification. You don’t need to open the app at all.
On the iPhone, you swipe left on a notification to bring up a check-in button.
On the watch, you’ll see a check-in button as part of the notification.
*** An App on your Wrist ***
Last, you’ll be able to use the entire Coach.me app directly on the AppleWatch.
That means you’ll be able to see all of your goals.
If your goals have instructions, for a workout, you’ll see those instructions as well.
You’ll also be able to check in to your goal and celebrate your progress, all from your wrist.
* * * * *
To our future selves!
Tony and Erin, Alicia, Herzog, Terrie
Join the most productive community in the world.
Coach.me users have succeeded in more than fifty million goals. Choose your goals. Track your progress. Get any question answered instantly.
Here's exactly how Coach.me works.
STEP 1: Choose your goal.
Coach.me helps you focus on the daily practice that goes into achieving your most important goals. If you are willing to do the work, we will help you achieve anything.
The Coach.me community works on goals big and small. Imagine waking up on time, setting priorities for your day, practicing Pomodoro until your low-carb lunch with vegetables, and then hitting inbox zero before leaving work to go to the gym. A day like that is one step toward being super human.
STEP 2: Turn on coaching
There are three types of coaching in Coach.me: advice, motivation, and reminders. Use as much or as little coaching as you want.
* Advice comes from the community of users and coaches. Everyone is available to answer your questions. For your most ambitious goals, hire any of our hundreds of 1-on-1 coaches for personalized accountability and advice.
* Motivation comes from celebrating every step of progress. The Coach.me community cheers you on and the Coach.me app records your biggest milestones.
* Prompting comes in the form of reminders. We're all busy—Coach.me will make sure you don't forget what's important.
STEP 3: Level Up
The Coach.me app and community are all focused on regular progress. If you can make a little bit of progress today, we'll help you make even more tomorrow.
You should also know that the Coach.me team is always available to help you. Visit our blog for interviews with our most successful coaches (http://blog.coach.me) and email us if you have feedback or questions: [email protected]
The Coach.me team (Tony, Erin, Alicia, Herzog, Terrie)
P.S. we should mention diet goals since they are so important to energy and productivity. We've measured the effectiveness of the most popular diets on Coach.me. If you're looking for a way to lose weight and fell stronger, we've seen high success rates in The 4-Hour Body, Paleo, Vegetarian, Bulletproof, Whole 30, Mediterranean, and South Beach.
P.P.S. we hate to tell people what their goals should be, but we're also big fans of meditation as a way to do pushups for your brain. This is the keystone habit of the world's most successful people. We've helped more than 85,000 people learn to meditate. The keys are to start with just a few minutes each day. We have dozens of meditation teachers and a collection of guided meditation videos that can help you learn how to become a meditator.
P.P.P.S. We love to hear from you. Email us at [email protected]
P.P.P.P.S. Yes, we used to be known as Lift App. Great name, but lots of reasons for the change. We talked about those on ProductHunt: http://www.producthunt.com/posts/coach-me
- April 27, 2015 New version 2015.4
- March 21, 2015 New version 2015.3.19
- March 20, 2015 New version 2015.3
- February 14, 2015 New version 2015.2
- January 01, 2015 New version 2015
- December 16, 2014 New version 2.0
- November 25, 2014 New version 1.9.20
- October 22, 2014 New version 1.9.19
- October 02, 2014 New version 1.9.18
- August 21, 2014 New version 1.9.17
- August 07, 2014 New version 1.9.16
- July 12, 2014 New version 1.9.15
- June 26, 2014 New version 1.9.14
- May 19, 2014 New version 1.9.13
- April 30, 2014 New version 1.9.12
- April 09, 2014 New version 1.9.11
- April 01, 2014 New version 1.9.10
- March 03, 2014 New version 1.9.9
- February 09, 2014 New version 1.9.8
- January 16, 2014 New version 1.9.7
- January 11, 2014 New version 1.9.6
- January 04, 2014 New version 1.9.5
- December 21, 2013 New version 1.9
- November 21, 2013 New version 1.7.6
- November 13, 2013 New version 1.7.5
- October 29, 2013 New version 1.7.4
- October 18, 2013 New version 1.7.3
- October 05, 2013 New version 1.7.2
- September 20, 2013 New version 1.7
- September 13, 2013 New version 1.6.9
- August 16, 2013 New version 1.6.8
- July 31, 2013 New version 1.6.7
- July 12, 2013 New version 1.6.6
- June 28, 2013 New version 1.6.5
- June 11, 2013 New version 1.6.4
- June 06, 2013 New version 1.6.3
- May 24, 2013 New version 1.6.2
- May 15, 2013 New version 1.6.1
- April 20, 2013 New version 1.6
- April 01, 2013 New version 1.5.6
- March 02, 2013 New version 1.5.5
- February 26, 2013 New version 1.5.4
- February 01, 2013 New version 1.5.3
- January 19, 2013 New version 1.5.2
- January 05, 2013 New version 1.5.1
- December 21, 2012 New version 1.5
- December 14, 2012 New version 1.3
- December 01, 2012 New version 1.2
- November 17, 2012 New version 1.1.2
- October 30, 2012 New version 1.1.1
- October 18, 2012 New version 1.1
- September 18, 2012 New version 1.0.5
- September 15, 2012 New version 1.0.4
- September 08, 2012 New version 1.0.3
- August 29, 2012 Initial release