This release fixes a bug that was causing crashes for people who are on iOS8. If you were experiencing this problem and this doesn’t fix it, please email [email protected]
That's it for official changes. Read on for a riff about replacement habits.
* * * * *
Last release note, we talked a little bit about New Year Resolutions and I shared that I was sugar free for 36 days (now 43).
Because that goals been so good for me, I wanted to share a little bit about the strategy I'm using for success, specifically replacement habits.
Obviously, I track No Sugar. I even have a coach holding me accountable to that goal. But I also track Drink More Water and that goal has contributed equally to my success.
Drink More Water is a replacement habit for times when I'd otherwise be enjoying sugary bliss.
Replacement habits are one of the standard strategies for breaking habits. Instead of willing yourself not to do something, you train yourself to do an alternative innocuous task.
In the brain science of habit cessation (that’s the phrase for breaking habits), the neural pathways for your bad habit don’t ever truly disappear. They weaken over time, but they’ll always be there.
That’s what makes replacement habits so important. Since you can’t truly break the neural pathways for your bad habit, your best bet is to create new pathways that are stronger than the old ones.
I always imagine the new behavior as this strong-man in my brain who’s crowding out the old bad behavior.
For me, that’s drinking water. For you, think about any bad habits you're trying to break with Coach.me and then consider also tracking a replacement habit.
Tony & Coach.me Team
P.S. Would you please add a review or update the one you gave last time? All our reviews get cleared out every time we update the app.
Coach.me will completely change your life! Read our reviews!
Start with our world-class goal and habit tracking. Our free tracking tools will change your life. If you get stuck in your goals, get motivated by our community or hire one of our world-class coaches.
Every aspect of our app and community is focused on helping you achieve mastery. From day one, we show you your progress, celebrate your milestones, and answer your questions. Honestly, we should be charging you $500 just to be a member, but 90% of our tools are completely free to you.
Every aspect of our experience has been designed based on the latest research on psychology and behavior design. We are huge fans of Carol Dweck, Daniel Kahneman and BJ Fogg. If you join our community you will develop a growth mindset, learn the power of positive reinforcement, experience the motivational force of external accountability, and harness your improvement efforts in an efficient way according to the tenants of deliberate practice.
Here are a handful of success stories from our community:
“Wish I would have met my coach Will years ago! I am literally 3 times more effective and productive than I used to be.” ~ Dan
“Before my coach Josh, the idea of bounding out of bed early in the morning was a dream and something I had tried and failed at for years. Josh broke it down into very simple steps. I am now sleeping better, getting up early consistently and the biggest breakthrough is getting up is now easy.” ~Jess
“Without being able to press that 'Send Message' button to my coach every day, I am certain I would not have come as far with my writing. With that momentum I managed to write 500 words nearly every day, started a blog, and am still going. It's been only 3 months, and I feel like a new person.” ~ Alina
“I got a promotion literally two weeks after hiring my business coach. Now I have a much bigger say over product and strategy. I feel like a leader and people treat me accordingly!” ~ Graham
“Dorothy has been so inspirational to me and gives me the reasoning and a solution to any problem I have had on the diet. With her coaching I lost 20 pounds and now have the habits in place to lose the next 20 on my own. I might keep her around however, just for the support and occasional kick in the butt.” ~ Estela
“I get more done before my family wakes up than I used to in an entire day. After countless attempts to do this on my own, hiring George as a coach was the lever I needed to shift my productivity fast forward. I've been successful because George helped me create a morning routine that works specifically for me.” ~ Jim
- August 29, 2012 Initial release
- September 08, 2012 New version 1.0.3
- September 15, 2012 New version 1.0.4
- September 18, 2012 New version 1.0.5
- October 18, 2012 New version 1.1
- October 30, 2012 New version 1.1.1
- November 17, 2012 New version 1.1.2
- December 01, 2012 New version 1.2
- December 14, 2012 New version 1.3
- December 21, 2012 New version 1.5
- January 05, 2013 New version 1.5.1
- January 19, 2013 New version 1.5.2
- February 01, 2013 New version 1.5.3
- February 26, 2013 New version 1.5.4
- March 02, 2013 New version 1.5.5
- April 01, 2013 New version 1.5.6
- April 20, 2013 New version 1.6
- May 15, 2013 New version 1.6.1
- May 24, 2013 New version 1.6.2
- June 06, 2013 New version 1.6.3
- June 11, 2013 New version 1.6.4
- June 28, 2013 New version 1.6.5
- July 12, 2013 New version 1.6.6
- July 31, 2013 New version 1.6.7
- August 16, 2013 New version 1.6.8
- September 13, 2013 New version 1.6.9
- September 20, 2013 New version 1.7
- October 05, 2013 New version 1.7.2
- October 18, 2013 New version 1.7.3
- October 29, 2013 New version 1.7.4
- November 13, 2013 New version 1.7.5
- November 21, 2013 New version 1.7.6
- December 21, 2013 New version 1.9
- January 04, 2014 New version 1.9.5
- January 11, 2014 New version 1.9.6
- January 16, 2014 New version 1.9.7
- February 09, 2014 New version 1.9.8
- March 03, 2014 New version 1.9.9
- April 01, 2014 New version 1.9.10
- April 09, 2014 New version 1.9.11
- April 30, 2014 New version 1.9.12
- May 19, 2014 New version 1.9.13
- June 26, 2014 New version 1.9.14
- July 12, 2014 New version 1.9.15
- August 07, 2014 New version 1.9.16
- August 21, 2014 New version 1.9.17
- October 02, 2014 New version 1.9.18
- October 22, 2014 New version 1.9.19
- November 25, 2014 New version 1.9.20
- December 16, 2014 New version 2.0
- January 01, 2015 New version 2015
- February 14, 2015 New version 2015.2
- March 20, 2015 New version 2015.3
- March 21, 2015 New version 2015.3.19
- April 27, 2015 New version 2015.4
- May 23, 2015 New version 2015.5.0
- June 10, 2015 New version 2015.6.5
- June 16, 2015 New version 2015.6.12
- September 25, 2015 New version 2015.8
- November 26, 2015 New version 2015.11.19
- December 17, 2015 New version 2015.12.8
- January 14, 2016 New version 2016.1.11
- February 07, 2016 New version 2016.2.2
- February 15, 2016 New version 2016.2.9