What's Newv1.4.8 ★ Adding KNOTS. Optimizations for speed responsiveness, CPU consumption + UI. Introducing settings. Built-in iPod player for all devices now. And more!
v1.4.2 ★ Head-up Display mode (HUD) to reflect the speed and selected speed limit in a windshield.
- Optimized to have 3 times better speed responsiveness and 3 times less CPU consumption!*
- You can ignore the settings, BUT if you love to tweak, here is the list of what you can now set:
- Alert sound. Hope you’ll find the right sound for you!
- For knots, you can set either meters or feet for altitude and small distances.
- Pick from 3 speed colors for a heads-up display. Set either the manual brightness for HUD or leave at Auto.
- Set digit colors for a regular speed display. Also, you can pick a buffer color and value, so a special color is shown in advance of reaching the preset limit.
- For compass and course you can now pick magnetic or true north to be used and option for using the GPS based course is also available.
* Please note that standard GPS update rate for iPhone and cellular iPad is still 1 time per second. Optimizations give performance reserve, but please be aware of limitations.
** We'll continue doing our best for you anyway :), but if you like the update, please consider reviewing or rating it in the AppStore.
App DescriptionA high quality Speedometer and trip cost monitor for iPhones and cellular iPads. When you go over a preset speed limit, the large digits change colour from green to red and the device emits a loud sound to alert you! The cost monitor shows you the current cost of the journey as you drive and tells you each passengers share.
Speedometer is great for avoiding speeding tickets and lets you know the total cost of your trip!
★ Cost Monitor
Ever wondered what the cost of driving to work or that nearby shop is? Cost monitor will tell you!
Based on gas price for a gallon or litre, MPG or litres per 100 km it will tell you what the cost is as you drive. You can add an extra cost per kilometre or mile and this will also be included! Useful for all cost aware drivers and for sharing the cost with your passengers.
It can even be used as a taximeter! Both UK and U.S. MPG are supported.
★ Easy to set speed limits
Set speed limits with 4 fast and configurable presets. Presets only need a single tap and are the safest way to set the limits!
★ S.O.S. Flat tyre or worse?
Our speedometer shows your current location and you can share it easily (sms/text, email) with car assistance services, ambulance or friends.
★ Safer Driving through better planning!
With the sunset and sunrise information that our speedometer provides, you'll be able to avoid driving in the dusk.
★ Know your car's limits !
Does your car become sluggish on those steep climbs? Is it possible you got too high in mountains ? Our built-in altimeter will provide you with accurate readings that indicate your height over sea-level.
✔ MADE WITH LOVE AND PRIDE. Precise and reliable!
"Excellent Audio-Alert Speedometer - This app is everything I wanted in an audio-alert speedometer and it WORKS!" ★★★★★ by Michael from NB, CA
"Works Great - Best interface of the 3 similar apps i tried." ★★★★★ by Sundog12345, US
✔ UNIVERSAL APP. Speedometer for iPhone and cellular iPads. Retina graphics included.
✔ 000-999 SPEED AND LIMIT RANGE. MPH, KM/H AND KNOTS. Maximum, average speed, distance traveled.
✔ BACKGROUND MODE AVAILABLE! Speedometer will work in background if told so and will still warn you with audio alert when exceed a preset speed limit. You can use other apps while speedometer and cost monitor do their job in the background!
! You can use this app on your iPhone 3GS, 4 and 5 as well as on any cellular iPad. **App will not work properly on iPods and wifi only iPads as they don't have GPS (external GPS module should be used).
! Please note that as with all GPS apps, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Drive safely and avoid paying those speeding fines! Our speedometer is the ideal watchdog companion no matter what journey you are going on!
February 20, 2013 New version 1.5.0
February 09, 2013 New version 1.4.9
January 18, 2013 New version 1.4.8
December 15, 2012 New version 1.4.7
December 01, 2012 New version 1.4.6
November 08, 2012 New version 1.4.5
November 30, -0001 Initial Release