- Web button on home screen now opens a menu with 3 options:
* Leave rating (on App Store)
* Email feedback (to the developer)
* Visit web site
- Removed redundant (no longer used) background function library
- FIXED: Problem recreating the “Cell Storming” photo album if the user had deleted it on iOS 8 devices.
- FIXED: Exporting the cell map contacts list to email did not work on earlier versions of iOS.
Cell Storming is a unique mind mapping and brainstorming app that uses media for laying out thoughts and ideas.
With Cell Storming you create mind maps (cell maps) by connecting hexagonal cells together and then adding media elements to these cells. You can add images, videos, voice memos, text, web links, files, and Address Book contacts to each and every cell on the map, which can then be viewed when browsing your cell map later on.
>> RECENT UPDATES
The v1.50 update included functionality to connect cells to other cell maps which enables the creation of multi-level hierarchical cell maps! This new linking functionality even extends to the flow media exports where any linked cell maps are examined for content (images, videos, audio) for exporting with their parent cell map(s).
New to the v1.60 release is the ability to import documents from other apps and attach them to cells in your cell map. These documents can be viewed within Cell Storming as you browse media stored in the cells.
The v1.70 update provides functionality to attach Contacts from your Address Book to cells on your cell map. Tap a cell that has a contact and you can utilise the various details available to connect to that person (via telephone/mobile, email, address, etc) straight from the cell map. The contact details are stored with the cell map so it's easy to share information about all the important people in your project with others on your team!
>> MANAGING CELL MAPS
Cell Maps are easily accessible from the home screen by browsing thumbnail images showing the latest state of each map.
Extensive export options enable you to share cell maps (including their media elements) with other Cell Storming users. Or you can generate images and PDFs of your cell maps for non-users. Dropbox support is built-in along with email and iTunes document sharing.
Cell Maps can also be printed straight from your iPhone or iPad using an AirPrint compatible printer.
>> PRESENTING CELL MAPS
Cell Storming features Screen-casting functionality that allows you to present cell maps on your device to other local devices by sending what is displayed on your screen to the other devices (using local networking via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth).
Or use any of the many included export options to generate presentation videos, slides, documents, or movies.
>> CELL STORMING PRO
The Pro version of Cell Storming features additional “Flow Export” functions that can generate and export media files defined by how your cell map flows (using connection arrows from cell to cell). Flow exports include text, audio, movies, image slides, and presentation video generation.
You can watch an example Flow Video created from Cell Storming Pro on YouTube here:
Use Cell Storming to map new ideas, manage projects, document existing processes and entities, or use the media capture features to record events as they happen.
>> CELL STORMING IN THE CLASSROOM
- Present themes and observations using media elements captured in cell maps.
- Set interactive tasks or games for students that require them to explain ideas through media or patterns.
- Use the screen-casting feature to observe how students are progressing with their tasks.
- Students can present their resulting cell maps using the flow presentation video export feature, or generate audio commentary files from voice memos recorded in cells.
>> FURTHER INFO
Visit the Facebook page to leave comments or request new features you'd like to see in Cell Storming in future updates:
I would like to thank everyone who has kindly left feedback in the App Store and the Cell Storming Facebook page. Please note that I am unable to reply to reviews left in the App Store, so if you are experiencing problems or have any queries about Cell Storming, please leave feedback on the Facebook page (accessed from the home screen in the App).
Thank-you for your support.
- August 13, 2012 Initial release
- August 13, 2012 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- August 22, 2012 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- September 18, 2012 Price increase: $3.99 -> $5.99
- September 25, 2012 New version 1.01
- September 25, 2012 Price decrease: $5.99 -> $3.99
- October 24, 2012 New version 1.02
- November 10, 2012 New version 1.03
- December 14, 2012 New version 1.04
- December 21, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $1.99
- January 31, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $3.99
- February 16, 2013 New version 1.10
- February 23, 2013 New version 1.11
- March 02, 2013 Price increase: $3.99 -> $9.99
- March 11, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $5.99
- March 18, 2013 Price increase: $5.99 -> $9.99
- March 25, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $0.99
- March 26, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- March 27, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $9.99
- April 24, 2013 New version 1.12
- June 02, 2013 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $6.99
- June 13, 2013 New version 1.20
- June 19, 2013 New version 1.21
- July 15, 2013 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $1.99
- July 21, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $6.99
- August 19, 2013 New version 1.22
- August 27, 2013 New version 1.23
- September 09, 2013 New version 1.30
- September 17, 2013 New version 1.31
- November 30, 2013 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $1.99
- December 05, 2013 Price increase: $1.99 -> $6.99
- December 21, 2013 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $1.99
- January 11, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $6.99
- January 23, 2014 New version 1.32
- July 24, 2014 New version 1.40
- August 11, 2014 New version 1.41
- September 05, 2014 New version 1.42
- October 23, 2014 New version 1.43
- December 16, 2014 New version 1.50
- January 08, 2015 New version 1.51
- March 22, 2015 New version 1.60
- April 13, 2015 New version 1.70
- April 29, 2015 New version 1.71
- May 16, 2015 New version 1.72
- June 23, 2015 New version 1.73