- Child cell maps can now be created directly when linking a cell to a cell map. The new child cell map is automatically given the title of the parent cell.
- New web site button on the home screen linking to the Cell Storming site.
- New settings screen option to auto-hide (or not) the cell map title.
- New settings screen option to allow disconnected cells (or not). Allowing disconnected cells enables you to place new cells on the cell map without needing to be attached to existing cells.
- The cell media edit buttons have been resized on iPad devices for easier access.
- The Cell Storming Introduction Tutorial video has been re-done to reflect the latest interface changes and improvements (other tutorial videos will be refreshed soon!).
- Various additional interface improvements.
- FIXED: Cell map closing unexpectedly on Cell Storming Free (due to iAds unloading).
- FIXED: iAd banner ads showing correctly on iPhone devices (Cell Storming Free only).
- FIXED: A rare memory related crash on the cell map screen.
Cell Storming is a unique mind mapping and brainstorming app that uses media for laying out thoughts and ideas.
With Cell Storming you create mind maps (cell maps) by connecting hexagonal cells together and then adding media elements to these cells. You can add images, videos, voice memos, text, web links, files, and Address Book contacts to each and every cell on the map, which can then be viewed when browsing your cell map later on.
>> RECENT UPDATES
The v1.50 update included functionality to connect cells to other cell maps which enables the creation of multi-level hierarchical cell maps! This new linking functionality even extends to the flow media exports where any linked cell maps are examined for content (images, videos, audio) for exporting with their parent cell map(s).
New to the v1.60 release is the ability to import documents from other apps and attach them to cells in your cell map. These documents can be viewed within Cell Storming as you browse media stored in the cells.
The v1.70 update provides functionality to attach Contacts from your Address Book to cells on your cell map. Tap a cell that has a contact and you can utilise the various details available to connect to that person (via telephone/mobile, email, address, etc) straight from the cell map. The contact details are stored with the cell map so it's easy to share information about all the important people in your project with others on your team!
>> MANAGING CELL MAPS
Cell Maps are easily accessible from the home screen by browsing thumbnail images showing the latest state of each map.
Extensive export options enable you to share cell maps (including their media elements) with other Cell Storming users. Or you can generate images and PDFs of your cell maps for non-users. Dropbox support is built-in along with email and iTunes document sharing.
Cell Maps can also be printed straight from your iPhone or iPad using an AirPrint compatible printer.
* Please note that some export functionality requires an In-App Purchase to the full version before becoming available.
>> PRESENTING CELL MAPS
Cell Storming features Screen-casting functionality that allows you to present cell maps on your device to other local devices by sending what is displayed on your screen to the other devices (using local networking via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth).
Or use any of the many included export options to generate presentation videos, slides, documents, or movies.
* Note that screen-casting functionality requires an In-App Purchase to the full version.
>> CELL STORMING PRO
Upgrade to the Pro version of Cell Storming via an In-App Purchase and access additional Flow Export functions that can generate and export media files defined by how your cell map flows (using connection arrows from cell to cell). Flow exports include text, audio, movies, image slides, and presentation video generation.
You can watch an example Flow Presentation Video created from Cell Storming Pro on YouTube here:
Use Cell Storming to map new ideas, manage projects, document existing processes and entities, or use the media capture features to record events as they happen.
>> FURTHER INFO
Visit the Facebook page to leave comments or request new features you'd like to see in Cell Storming in future updates:
I would like to thank everyone who has kindly left feedback in the App Store and the Cell Storming Facebook page. Please note that I am unable to reply to reviews left in the App Store, so if you are experiencing problems or have any queries about Cell Storming, please leave feedback on the Facebook page (accessed from the home screen in the App).
Thank-you for your support.
- May 17, 2015 New version 1.72
- April 29, 2015 New version 1.71
- April 15, 2015 New version 1.70
- March 23, 2015 New version 1.60
- January 26, 2015 New version 1.52
- December 17, 2014 New version 1.50
- October 23, 2014 New version 1.43
- September 05, 2014 New version 1.42
- August 11, 2014 New version 1.41
- August 01, 2014 New version 1.40
- January 23, 2014 New version 1.32
- September 16, 2013 New version 1.31
- September 08, 2013 New version 1.30
- August 27, 2013 New version 1.23
- August 19, 2013 New version 1.22
- June 19, 2013 New version 1.21
- June 13, 2013 New version 1.20
- April 28, 2013 New version 1.12
- February 24, 2013 New version 1.11
- February 16, 2013 New version 1.10
- December 14, 2012 New version 1.06
- November 10, 2012 New version 1.05
- October 31, 2012 New version 1.04
- September 26, 2012 New version 1.03
- August 09, 2012 New version 1.02
- June 30, 2012 New version 1.01
- June 22, 2012 Initial release