What's New- New movie compression step when rendering flow videos. This can halve the file size without any noticeable loss in quality.
- Enabled access to all device photo albums (not just the camera roll) when selecting photos & videos.
- Using the camera on iPad devices now shows the full screen camera interface.
- Fixed problem merging cell videos that have no audio track when rendering the flow video.
- Various interface fixes.
App DescriptionCell Storming is a unique mind mapping app that uses media for laying out thoughts and ideas.
With Cell Storming you create mind maps (cell maps) by connecting hexagonal cells together and then adding media elements to these cells. You can add images, videos, voice memos, text, and web links to each cell on the map, which can then be viewed when browsing your cell map later on.
>> MANAGING CELL MAPS
Cell Maps are easily accessible from the home screen by browsing thumbnail images showing the latest state of each map.
Extensive export options enable you to share cell maps (including their media elements) with other Cell Storming users. Or you can generate images and PDFs of your cell maps for non-users. Dropbox support is built-in along with email and iTunes document sharing.
Cell Maps can also be printed via an AirPrint compatible printer.
* Please note that some export functionality requires an In-App Purchase to the full version before becoming available.
>> PRESENTING CELL MAPS
Cell Storming features Screen-casting functionality that allows you to present cell maps on your device to other local devices by sending what is displayed on your screen to the other devices (using local networking via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth). You can even screen-cast to remote devices using Game Center which additionally provides voice chat capabilities.
Cell Storming can be a useful tool for e-Learning or distance learning scenarios, where teachers and students are separated.
* Note that screen-casting functionality requires an In-App Purchase to the full version.
>> CELL STORMING PRO
Upgrade to the Pro version of Cell Storming via an In-App Purchase and access additional “Flow Export” functions that can generate and export media files defined by how your cell map flows (using connection arrows from cell to cell). Flow exports include text, audio, and video generation.
You can watch an example Flow Video created from Cell Storming Pro on YouTube here:
Use Cell Storming to map new ideas, document existing processes and entities, or use the media capture features to record events as they happen.
>> CELL STORMING IN THE CLASSROOM
- Present themes and observations using media elements captured in cell maps.
- Set interactive tasks or games for students that require them to explain ideas through media or patterns.
- Use the screen-casting feature to observe how students are progressing with their tasks (* after upgrading to Standard version).
- Students can present their resulting cell maps using the flow video export feature (* after upgrading to Pro version).
>> FURTHER INFO
Visit the Facebook page to leave comments or request new features you'd like to see in Cell Storming in future updates:
I would like to thank all users that have kindly left feedback in the App Store and the Cell Storming Facebook page. Please note that I am unable to reply to reviews left in the App Store, so if you are experiencing problems or have any queries about Cell Storming, please leave feedback on the Facebook page (accessed from the home screen in the App).
Thank-you for your support.
January 29, 2014 New version 1.32
September 26, 2013 New version 1.31
July 28, 2013 New version 1.21
June 13, 2013 New version 1.20
April 27, 2013 New version 1.12
February 28, 2013 New version 1.11
June 22, 2012 Initial Release