Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Carmageddon is the original freeform driving sensation, where pedestrians (and cows!) equal points, and your opponents are a bunch of crazies in a twisted mix of automotive killing machines. The game features anarchic drive-wherever-you-like gameplay and over-the-top surreal comedy violence. It’s the racing game where racing is for wimps.
Now the same Mac & PC classic that was BANNED AROUND THE WORLD is back and available on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch!
Carmageddon features real-world environments that have been turned into killing fields, where the locals stay out on the streets at their peril. As well as using your car as a weapon, every level is sprinkled generously with power-ups that have a vast variety of mad effects, adding a whole extra level of craziness to the proceedings. In every event you have the option to “play it your way”… Waste all your opponents, kill every pedestrian, or (perish the thought) complete all the laps.
THE FREE VERSION FEATURES:
• 5 dangerously deranged Opponents
• One event and Environment: Maim Street, in Bleak City
• The Eagle (Driver Max Damage)
• Universal App
• Multiple control methods: digital, analogue (mix ‘n’ match), tilt
• Edit your control layout in game to your preferences
• Comprehensive Action Replay System
• Movie editing; Save your movies straight from the game to YouTube; Share links using iOS 6
• Retina display and iPhone 5 support
• Environment maps and other special effects
• Enhanced pre-lit environment
• Buckets of gibs
• Tons of laughs
UPGRADE TO THE FULL VERSION FOR:
• Career Mode featuring 36 satisfyingly violent Levels
• 28 dangerously deranged Opponents
• 11 wildly exhilarating Environments
• Race and Wreck opponents to unlock 30 playable cars!
• iCloud Support
• Game Center integration
• 27 Cunning Stuntworthy Achievements
Plus the opportunity to make in app purchases to unlock ALL the cars (apart from the secret one) and ALL the races!
Carmageddon requires iOS 5.1 or later.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION FOR THE ORIGINAL GAME
Carmageddon won the “Game of the Year” trophy in the 1997 PC Zone Reader awards. Carmageddon 1 & 2 were “Driving Game of the Year” 1997/1998.
SELECTED REVIEWS OF THE ORIGINAL GAME
Originally released for the PC in 1997, Carmageddon was an instant hit and the titles went on to sell over 2 million copies worldwide. Here’s what a sample of the gaming press thought at the time:
“Carmageddon is visceral, violent, vehicular fun...” - GameSpot 8.8 out of 10
“Carmageddon, to get straight to the point, is one of the best computer games I've ever played… Carmageddon is God!” - Duncan McDonald 95% Classic Award PC Zone Magazine
“Carmageddon is one of those games that only come along once in a blue moon. An essential purchase.” - Escape Magazine 6 out of 6
“The gameplay is spot on and anyone with a dark enough sense of humour should give it a go.” - Computer Gaming World 4 out of 5
“So next time you gun down coppers on GTA VI, just remember, Carmageddon’s controversy was there first, and you have a lot to thank it for.” - RetroGarden
ABOUT STAINLESS GAMES
Stainless was founded in 1994 by Patrick Buckland, a veteran of the games industry going back to the Jurassic period of 1982, and Neil Barnden, who used to have hair like a mammoth. A team of 8 worked on the original Carmageddon at Stainless, and 5 are still with the company today, although a couple of them are now kept manacled in a small padded room in the cellar.
Stainless Games now employs well over fifty mad, dedicated people of assorted gender, height and width. They can all be found dangling precariously from a small chalky rock just off the South Coast of England.
- October 18, 2012 Initial release
- November 28, 2012 New version 1.2
- January 24, 2014 New version 1.4
- May 31, 2014 New version 1.5