-iPhone 5 and iOS 6 Support
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is the main cause of mortality and morbidity in the young population worldwide. Knowing this reality, it is vital that every health professional (especially medical students, general practitioners, neurologists, neurosurgeons, and intensive care physicians) dominates the subject.
The TBI application aims to aid in learning on this complex subject. The content was developed by a team of neurosurgeons that actuate in Santa Casa de Belo Horizonte - MG (Brazil) and are members of NEUROSURGERY BLOG. It is composed by physicians: Dr. Mauro
Cruz Machado Borgo, Dr. Lucas Alverne Freitas de Albuquerque, Dr. Júlio Leonardo Barbosa Pereira, Dr. José Lopes Filho, Dr. Marcello Penholatte Faria, and Prof. Dr. Gervásio Teles Cardoso de Carvalho.
The application has more than 10 schematic figures, and more than 20 pictures of real cases, main neurological scales, and updated surgical indications to facilitate learning.
Subjects approached in the application:
1. INTRODUCTION TO TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY (TBI)
2. TBI PHYSIOPATHOLOGY
3. TBI CLASSIFICATIONS
4. TBI CLINICAL PRESENTATION
5. TBI COMPLEMENTARY DIAGNOSIS
6. TBI TREATMENT
7. TBI PROGNOSIS
8. EPIDURAL HEMATOMA
9. ACUTE SUBDURAL HEMATOMA
10. CHRONIC SUBDURAL HEMATOMA
11. POST-TRAUMATIC INTRAPARENCHYMAL HEMATOMA
12. CONCUSSION AND DIFFUSE AXONAL INJURY (DAI)
13. FRACTURE OF SKULL BASE
14. WOUNDS BY FIREARMS
15. DECOMPRESSIVE CRANIECTOMY
16. PRINCIPLES FOR INTENSIVE MANAGEMENT OF SEVERE TBI
17. MONITORING AND INTENSIVE MANAGEMENT OF SEVERE TBI
18. BASIC PRINCIPLES FOR EVD MANAGEMENT
19. MAIN CLINICAL COMPLICATIONS
20. WATER AND SODIUM METABOLISM DISORDER
21. NEUROLOGICAL EXAM IN COMA
22. ENCEPHALIC DEATH
- June 17, 2014 Initial release
- February 25, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- May 05, 2015 Price increase: FREE! -> $4.99