From the developer of "Summer Games 3D" - the UK TOP OVERALL iPhone / iPod Touch Hit.
This game, Daley Thompson's Decathlon 2012 is the spiritual successor to Daley Thompson's Decathlon a computer game based on Konami's Track & Field, developed and released under license by Ocean Software in 1984. It was released in the wake of Daley Thompson's popularity following his gold medals in the decathlon at the 1980 and 1984 Olympic Games.
The games' loading screens feature packaging art originally created in 1984, by Bob Wakelin.
Celebrate the spirit of this summer's games with Britain's greatest ever decathlete and compete in:
- Day 1: 100 metres, Long jump, Shot putt, High jump, 400 metres
- Day 2: 110 hurdles, Pole vault, Discus, Javelin, 1500 metres
- 3D graphics (much as we still enjoy the original ZX Spectrum “Decathlon” game, we couldn't bring ourselves to use 2D graphics in creating “2012”)
- familiar “button-bashing” play controls, combined with bespoke touch-screen inputs specifically designed for each individual event
- the option of competing in each of the 10 events individually, or collectively as a decathlon
- 3 player-selectable game-difficulty levels; “easy”, “medium” and “hard”
local high scores, both for the decathlon and for each of the 10 individual events
- universal app; buy once and use on your iPod touch, iPhone and iPad at no extra cost
"Frankly not THE most realistic track and field simulation, but suspend the disbelief and this is a fantastic companion for those of us that just can't get enough of this summer's games."
About Daley Thompson's Decathlon (the ZX Spectrum “Decathlon” game): Sinclair User gave the game a score of 8/10. It went on to become the biggest selling Spectrum game of Q4 1984. The game won the award for Game Of The Year 1984 in Crash magazine and was the Best Arcade Style Game of the Year at the Golden Joystick Awards. The game was included on the 1985 compilation They Sold a Million, along with Beach-Head, Sabre Wulf and Jet Set Willy. The game's soundtrack was composed by Martin Galway. The introduction music is based on the 1978 electronic music piece "Rydeen" by Yellow Magic Orchestra.
About Daley Thompson's Decathlon 2012 (“2012”): this game, “2012”, is a Summer Games 3D: Special Edition.
About Daley Thompson (Source: Wikipedia): Francis Morgan Ayodélé "Daley" Thompson CBE (born 30 July 1958), is a former decathlete from England. He won the decathlon gold medal at the Olympic Games in 1980 and 1984 and broke the world record for the event four times. With four world records, two Olympic Games gold medals, three Commonwealth titles and wins in the World and European Championships, Thompson is considered by many to be the greatest decathlete of all time. Robert Chalmers described him as "the greatest all-round athlete this country has ever produced."
About Elite: Elite Systems Group Ltd is a British game publisher.
Note: if there's demand, we'll add Game Center support to the next update. Tell us @elite_systems and at [email protected]
- August 08, 2012 Initial release