• Redesigned user interface: The user interface has been updated to make it consistent with iOS UI functionality and appearance, and to improve the user experience. The interface supports landscape and portrait screen modes and both Retina and non-Retina displays.
• Improved email recipient experience and functionality: Recipients can securely reply to, reply to all, or forward messages, whether or not the recipient has enabled encryption.
• Enhanced Manage Messages screen: You can manage secure messages that were sent from other devices using Cisco BCE with the same account.
• Support for iOS 7 and 8
• Optimized iPad experience
• Additional encryption enhancements
The Cisco Business Class Email (BCE) application helps encrypt your email and provides enhanced security features. To use the BCE application to open a secure email that you received in the iOS email application, touch and hold the attached securedoc.html file, then select “Open in Cisco BCE.”
NOTE: To send an encrypted email, the Cisco BCE application requires access to the Cisco Registered Envelope Service or Cisco IronPort Encryption Appliance.
Cisco BCE provides enhanced email security features such as read receipts, email recall, email expiration, and forward/reply control. Additionally, BCE removes the complexity of encryption and key management, so users can send and receive highly secure messages directly from their mobile devices. The primary benefits of the Cisco BCE application are:
• Confidentiality: BCE encrypts email to protect its confidentiality during transit.
• Encrypted email control: You have complete control over the emails you send, even after they are sent. The capabilities are:
• Read receipt: Sends a read receipt when the recipient opens an email.
• Email locking (enhanced recall): Gives you the ability to lock the decryption key,
disabling decryption for that email.
• Email expiration: Sets an expiration date for the email.
• Forward/reply control: Allows or prevents the recipient to forward, reply, or reply all.
If you are an end user and have any concerns, please contact your organization’s support department. If you are a system administrator having difficulty configuring or using the application, please contact your designated Cisco support point of contact.
- April 27, 2015 New version 2.0.0
- November 03, 2014 New version 1.0.6
- October 28, 2013 New version 1.0.5
- July 17, 2013 New version 1.0.4
- February 23, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- June 20, 2012 Initial release