Selection of the recipient’s language: You can now select the recipient’s language for Registered Envelopes. This new option enables the application to determine which language is used for the message body, according to the locale set for recipients.
The Cisco Business Class Email (BCE) application helps encrypt your email and provides enhanced security features. To use the BCE application to open a secure email that you received in the iOS email application, touch and hold the attached securedoc.html file, then select “Open in Cisco BCE.”
NOTE: To send an encrypted email, the Cisco BCE application requires access to the Cisco Registered Envelope Service or Cisco IronPort Encryption Appliance.
Cisco BCE provides enhanced email security features such as read receipts, email recall, email expiration, and forward/reply control. Additionally, BCE removes the complexity of encryption and key management, so users can send and receive highly secure messages directly from their mobile devices. The primary benefits of the Cisco BCE application are:
• Confidentiality: BCE encrypts email to protect its confidentiality during transit.
• Encrypted email control: You have complete control over the emails you send, even after they are sent. The capabilities are:
• Read receipt: Sends a read receipt when the recipient opens an email.
• Email locking (enhanced recall): Gives you the ability to lock the decryption key,
disabling decryption for that email.
• Email expiration: Sets an expiration date for the email.
• Forward/reply control: Allows or prevents the recipient to forward, reply, or reply all. To maintain the security of your replies, you cannot change the list of recipients.
If you are an end user and have any concerns, please contact your organization’s support department. If you are a system administrator having difficulty configuring or using the application, please contact your designated Cisco support point of contact.
- June 20, 2012 Initial release
- February 23, 2013 New version 1.0.1
- July 17, 2013 New version 1.0.4
- October 28, 2013 New version 1.0.5
- November 03, 2014 New version 1.0.6
- April 27, 2015 New version 2.0.0
- August 19, 2015 New version 2.1.0