Thanks for your feedback – this update has NEW Share & Save tools and other usability enhancements.
Monitor and track hurricanes and tropical storms with this all-inclusive free app from 16 WAPT News. Interactive maps, forecasts, local shelters, evacuation zones and emergency numbers are right at your fingertips. See if you’re in the storm’s path by viewing the latest cone of uncertainty and forecast models. The easy-to-follow “threat meter” shows you when there’s reason for concern and when all is quiet. Get thorough checklists to prepare your family, home and pets. Receive up-to-the-minute information from the 16 WAPT newsroom and instant access to Facebook, Twitter, and updates from Mississippi's most experienced meteorologist plus key government agencies. You’ll be prepared, up to date, and connected to what’s going on when Hurricanes and Tropical Storms strike before, during, and after the storm. This is the one “must-have” app for hurricane season.
• Maps tracking projected storm paths, Satellite, Radar, Winds, More
• Tropical Storms and Hurricane warnings, watches, advisories
• Live updates from Live Wire, Facebook, and Twitter
• Hurricane Videos, Slideshows, Headlines from Central Mississippi's source for breaking news, weather
• Checklists, Planning Maps, and more Info to help you prepare and stay safe
• Share your storm photos and videos with "u local" - they may be shown on TV
- June 15, 2014 Initial release
- May 02, 2015 New version 3.0
- June 03, 2015 New version 3.0.1