148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: PURE WORDY JOY :: Read Our Full Review >>
Beautifully simple yet highly enjoyable, Letterpress is a great multiplayer based word game albeit lacking a few finer details.
What's New• Remember words for later. Tap-and-hold the CLEAR button to close a game, but remember the word you had selected. Next time you go into the game it'll zap back up out of the grid. Pew-pew-pew. Like that.
• Fix zombie games. Maybe. You never know with zombies.
• Adjust bouncies.
• Fix wiggle-squishes.
• Tweak auto-matching.
• Tips & Tricks, Legal links.
• Updated dictionary. ORTHOLOGY, dawg.
• Una cosa súper secreta. (¡Que bueno Español Lorenzo! Ah gracias Lorenzo, me recuerdo de escuela. Los pantalones es mucho grande.)
• App binary is even smaller. If the world were just, the market would reward my relentless drive for efficiency fueled by a visceral hatred of bloated software. #gimmemoney #jk #no4real
• Enable View Replay button for iOS 5 users too.
• Paul Kafasis previously eschewed public credit for the idea of “wiggle the letter which came from a tapped empty space”, but after seeing the billing my wife got, he told me he wanted in. Enjoy your taste of the limelight, Paul.
App DescriptionFind words, steal tiles, color the board! Letterpress is a fresh new word game for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Play against your friends using Game Center! The perfect blend of fun and strategy.
Follow on Twitter at @atebits and @letterpressapp.
*** REVIEWS ***
“Simple And Awesome.” —Touch Arcade
“It’s the first game that’s made my iPhone’s first home screen in years.” —Daring Fireball
“Letterpress in itself is something of a serious accomplishment. The creation of a balanced game with rules, regulations, and goals doesn't happen everyday. Like with Tweetie, Letterpress mines an idea to its basest elements and presents them without visual clutter.” —The Verge
“It’s quickly become one of my favorite games on iOS.” —MacStories
“Letterpress is a painfully addictive word game, earning its place on my home screen and sure to win the hearts of people in bathrooms everywhere.” —iMore
“Letterpress combines the fun of Boggle with Risk. It's a great two-player app for word game fans.” —Macworld
“The interface is packed with delightful interaction elements at every turn.” —The Next Web
March 08, 2013 New version 1.4
February 07, 2013 New version 1.3.1
January 29, 2013 New version 1.3
December 19, 2012 New version 1.2
November 18, 2012 New version 1.1
October 24, 2012 Initial Release