What's NewiOS 7 optimized
App DescriptionSeason start: We droped the Price for the next weeks!
The nautical calculator for all sailors, motorboat operators and those taking training courses for high-seas licences.
nauticCalc offers all the most important calculations in a handy compact form.
***** The functions
- Object on Horizon
- Elevation Angle
- Distance, Speed, Time
- Railing Log
- Course Conversion
- True Bearing
- Correction for Current
- Correction for Leeway
- Nautical Calculator (time of day and angle calculator)
***** Short description of the functions
- Object on Horizon: calculates the distance to an object based on eye level and object height. Also allows calculation of the distance to the horizon independent of eye level.
- Elevation Angle: calculates the distance to an object on land.
- Distance, Speed, Time:
calculates 1) the distance covered in nm based on the speed in knots and the time underway in hours and minutes;
2) the speed in knots based on the distance covered and the time underway in hours and minutes;
3) the time underway in hours and minutes based on the distance covered in nm and the speed in knots. In addition, it calculates the ETA (estimated time of arrival) based on a starting date and time.
- Railing Log:
option 1) enter the boat length – choice of metres or feet – and the duration in seconds and then calculate;
option 2) enter the boat length and start the built-in stopwatch (the time is transferred automatically).
- Variation: takes the magnetic variation information per year off the charts and calculates the variation for the current year.
- Course Conversion: starting with an arbitrary course, calculates all courses from the CC to CoG for the bearing diagram. Depending on the settings, the deviation and variation are automatically included in the calculations.
- True Bearing: calculates compass bearings (course to steer), relative bearings and true bearings. Depending on the settings, the deviation and variation are automatically included in the calculations.
- Correction for Leeway: calculates drift due to the wind.
- Correction for Current: calculates three different tasks related to currents.
- Nautical Calculator: allows the addition and subtraction of angles and time of day.
Do you have ideas for new functions or other suggestions? Share them with us at email@example.com.
If you find our app helpful, we would be grateful for a positive rating!
January 29, 2014 New version 1.5
April 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $8.99 -> $2.99
April 26, 2013 New version 1.4
November 07, 2012 New version 1.3
October 16, 2012 New version 1.2
July 04, 2012 New version 1.1
May 15, 2012 Initial Release