What's NewA new green icon and a few bug fixes.
For more information, follow me on Twitter (@adriangranados)
App DescriptionMonitor and troubleshoot the signal quality of your Wi-Fi connection.
WiFi Signal is a menu bar application that provides easy access to your Wi-Fi connection details such as SSID, BSSID, channel, transmit rate, signal (RSSI) and noise levels, as well as Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) to quickly identify the possible causes of low signal quality, poor performance or connectivity problems.
WiFi Signal is capable of automatically recommending alternative channels for your 2.4 GHz network* thus avoiding signal overlapping and channel conflicts. If existing networks begin to use an adjacent channel, or if a new network shows up and its signal overlaps with yours, WiFi Signal will detect it and automatically suggest alternative channels.
GREAT EXCLUSIVE FEATURES
• Simple, straightforward user interface.
• Automatic channel recommendations* (2.4 GHz only).
• Accurate dBm to percentage (%) conversion scale.
• Signal quality ratings based on Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) measurements.
For a more comprehensive analysis of the Wi-Fi environment consider WiFi Explorer, also available in the Mac App Store.
LET'S MAKE IT BETTER
If you have something good to say about WiFi Signal, please share it with others by writing a review on the Mac App Store. If you find a problem or have a concern, please visit the Signal Support website and send me a message so we can resolve it.
* Due to limitations of the Wi-Fi scanning framework, channel recommendations are based solely on the detection of other Wi-Fi signals, and do not consider external sources of interference or hidden networks (i.e. networks that do not broadcast their SSIDs).
February 13, 2013 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
January 23, 2013 New version 1.3
December 05, 2012 New version 1.2.2
October 17, 2012 New version 1.2.1
July 18, 2012 New version 1.2
May 21, 2012 Initial Release