*What's New in 1.11*
Fixed a bug that was erasing unlock and score data for users with iCloud accounts.
*What's New in 1.1*
A huge update is dropping for all our Light Byte fans. We've added:
-All-new Mission Mode! Play 50 missions that will test your reflexes and brain, and earn you stars.
-Stars are our new currency for unlocking game modes and buying themes and skins. Earn stars from playing Endless, Time Attack, Full Byte, and Mission modes.
-All-new themes to change the look of Light Byte, including boys and girls toy blocks, bubbles, rings, and Egyptian-style "ancient" blocks.
-iCloud support so your stars and mission progress are synced between devices.
-New Game Center leaderboards and achievements
-Facebook and Twitter integration lets you post your scores to your favorite social media accounts.
-Various bug fixes
* "Light Byte is exactly what a descendent of Tetris should be ... brilliant fun." (9/10, Pocket Gamer Gold Award) *
* "Pick it up, but don’t expect to put it down." (4.5/5, 148Apps Editor's Choice Award) *
* "It is definitely addictive and fun to play." (10/10, App Advice) *
* “Definitely worth the price...Light Byte provides frenetic color-matching fun.” (TUAW.com) *
Classic arcade-puzzle gameplay, memory recall, and color matching come together in Light Byte, an innovative new puzzle game with a twist.
Colored blocks descend from the top of the screen, and you must clear them by matching blocks of the same color. Match longer chains of same-colored blocks to unlock powerups and the all-powerful Frenzy mode, as blocks explode away with fiery pyrotechnics. But things aren’t that simple. As you progress, the colors start to fade, so you’ll need to use your memory in addition to your fast reflexes to clear them.
Easy to grasp, yet challenging at the same time, Light Byte is a quick and addictive puzzle game you won’t want to put down.
▪ Simple Tap-to-Shoot Controls: Shoot the blocks as they descend; chain together blocks of the same color to clear them.
▪ Memory Gameplay: Blocks fade quickly so you'll need to remember their colors!
▪ Five Colors: Three starting colors - red, blue, yellow - with green and purple blocks to unlock as you play.
▪ Upgradeable Powerups: Use powerups (one for each color) to help you stay alive. Each can be upgraded to a super version if you advance far enough in the game.
▪ Mission Mode: Beat up to 50 missions to earn stars and test your reflexes and color-matching might.
▪ Multiple Game Modes, including Endless Mode, Full Byte Mode, and three versions of Time Attack. Earn them for free as you play the game, or unlock them immediately as in-app purchases.
▪ Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements: Compete against friends and yourself.
▪ Unlock Themes: Earn stars to unlock unique themes like toy blocks, rings, and bubbles to customize the look of Light Byte.
- June 17, 2012 Initial release
- July 26, 2012 New version 1.1
- August 03, 2012 New version 1.11
- May 24, 2013 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- May 29, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99