What's New- Twitter Authentication
- Adding and editing Tags on Boards and Learnings
- additional settings
- bug fixes and optimizations
App DescriptionLearnist makes sharing what you know and learning from others fast and easy by remixing anything on the web like videos, ebooks, maps, blogs, podcasts, surveys and more into a simple and elegant learning resource on any topic that you can share with anyone. Learnist is like a collaborative, multimedia and interactive ebook from the future.
Create lessons on anything with content curated from websites and blogs, YouTube, Vimeo, Wordpress, Wikipedia, UStream, Scribd, Soundcloud, Slideshare, Amazon, Google Docs, Spreadsheets, Forms, Slideshows, Google Maps and Books, and more
Use the iPhone or iPad camera to take pics and upload photos to your lessons or guides on any subject imaginable - live events, recipes, how-to guides, and more.
Browse and Learn
- Browse Learnboards created by experts, teachers, professors, your friends and fellow learners covering thousands of topics in categories like Art & Design, Music, Sports, Education, Food & Drinks, Politics, Technology, Travel, Games, Health & Fitness, News, Entertainment, Crafts and more.
- Follow your favorite Learn Boards and people to get updated on their newest content.
- Collaborate and ask questions about anything in Learnist and help others on topics you know.
- Track your progress on Learnboards and see that progress on your profile page.
- Find information by quickly searching tags, titles and keywords.
- Curate learning resources you like and share them with your followers.
- With the iPhone app you can instantly upload content to Learnist from your iPhone camera or photo gallery.
- Share via email, SMS, Facebook, and Twitter, Pinterest, Edmodo, and Digg
Learnist has been featured in Mashable, All Things D, The Journal, Mindshift, Hacked Education, Edcetera, Edsurge, and many more.
Check out what some people are saying about Learnist from recent reviews:
“New Web Based Teaching Product Makes Learning Look Pretty” - Mike Isaac, All Things D
"Search engines may make it easy to find information, but they don’t necessarily do the same for learning it. That’s why the founders of social test prep startup Grockit want to re-configure online content such as YouTube videos, Wikipedia entries and ebooks into ordered lesson plans." - Sarah Kessler, Mashable
“It is a playground of media and data that can act as a hub for the flipped classroom (more on that tomorrow) the same way Google+, Edmodo, or YouTube channels can, but ultimately with more flexibility.” - Terry Heick, TeachThought
“It’s more than just a website — it’s an entirely new way of looking at websites. Remember how Myspace and Facebook changed the way we thought of socializing and interacting online? Learnist might just change the way we look at learning. How? By taking that social sphere, accessing all the knowledge that can be found there and organizing it in a way that makes learning fun and simple.” - Alayna Frankenberry, The Sprout Fund
“I have so many ideas for learnings… and for the first time, I’m excited to use an online tool. This allows me as an expert in certain areas to demonstrate ideas and concepts in a way that can transcend but compliment the blogosphere. It also allows me to learn from others in areas of interest, or to find other interests entirely. I followed a board on microeconomics because for the first time, it interested me.” Nikki Barr, The Pink Ticket
Follow us on Twitter – http://www.twitter.com/LearnistTweets
Like us on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/Learnist
Have an idea, question or concern? Email email@example.com
October 18, 2013 New version 3.2
September 17, 2013 New version 3.1
May 08, 2013 New version 3.0.2
April 25, 2013 New version 3.0
February 17, 2013 New version 2.1
December 19, 2012 New version 2.0
August 18, 2012 Initial Release