What's NewBug fix and Optimizations
App Description"Ling Ling Looked in the Mirror" is the story of a feisty girl who knows she can be anything she wants to be. Some of them are silly (a bubble-bath maker), others are serious (marine biologist), but they are all fun, happy, and beautifully illustrated. Perfect for showing kids at a young age that they can dream big!
Ling Ling Looked in the Mirror is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn Inc and is based on Ming and Wah Chen book by the same name illustrated by Mariko Jesse.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
-Tout to your children that they can grow up and be anything in the world they set their mind to!
-Expose them to the multiple occupations there are, so they know it’s not just about becoming a doctor or an engineer.
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
-“What do you want to be when you grow up?”
-“Can you list different kinds of jobs people do around you?”
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: email@example.com
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
March 09, 2013 Price Decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
February 15, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
January 20, 2013 New version 1.0.2
December 31, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
May 15, 2012 Initial Release