App DescriptionBarcode is developed by the team that built the famous ProCamera app!
Barcode is the ultimate code scanner iPhone app (runs on iPad as well). It can scan, parse the contents of codes then offer actions depending on the contents.
Unlike competing apps, this scanner can scan all common kinds of codes reaching from the well-known QR codes, all sorts of EAN codes, to even Data Matrix codes! It’s one of the fastest and most precise code scanners in the App Store. It also allows using the built-in flash light (iPhone 4 + 4S) when scanning.
Use it for pure recognition, for price comparison with Amazon, or instantly browse the web for the scanned information. Use its ability to directly apply the contents of any code you scan: you can add calendar events to your calendar, vCard information to your address book, or open maps to the right location – all with just one touch. And that’s only the beginning.
You can also easily share the scan results on Twitter and Facebook.
- Full-Auto Scan (hover over) to scan QR Code, Data Matrix, EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC-E, UPC-A, ISBN-10, ISBN-13, I-25, CODE39 (3of9), CODE128, PDF417
- Contacts: Add individual fields to existing or new contact; call or send SMS to a phone number; send email
- Add events to Calendar
- Copy to clipboard
- Open map
- Open URL
- Open YouTube link
- Open iTunes link
- Open App Store link
- Call or send SMS to a phone number
- Send email
- Display WiFi credentials: Copy & Paste SSID, network type, and password to iOS Settings App
- Display EAN or ISBN: Search products in Amazon or web (opens in Safari app)
- Embedded Facebook integration: Post to wall
- Embedded Twitter integration: Send Tweets
- Torch light on devices with flash
- Support 9 languages (English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Spanish, French, Italian, and Korean)
Barcode can extract the following information from the codes it scans:
- Web page and Bookmark URLs
- Map URLs
- iTunes URLs
- Facebook URLs
- Data URLs
- GPS tags (geographical coordinates)
- vCard information
- vCal event information
- Phone numbers
- Email addresses
- YouTube video URL
- WiFi network information
- Plain text
More features will be coming soon!
September 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
December 19, 2012 Price Decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
July 19, 2012 Initial Release